Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hürtgen Forest dec 2009

Article about: A month ago me, john647 and some other friends went to the Hürtgen Forest to an old spot were earlier one of my friends found an MG42 barrel. Most of the guys stayed back while I wanted to c

Default Re: Hürtgen Forest dec 2009

Nice finds well done
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Excellent finds. I particularly like the garand clips. With care they should clean up very nicely.

Steve T

just be careful and don't get caught. Don't want you loosing your metal detector
    They recently caught three guys in the Reichswald. Detectors gone and all are now waiting for their trial. Danny

?

Thank you all for your kind replies! Next week I will go to Luxembourg/German border to seet what's out there to find.

Quote by ssg keay View Post
    just be careful and don't get caught. Don't want you loosing your metal detector
    They recently caught three guys in the Reichswald. Detectors gone and all are now waiting for their trial. Danny
    Hello Danny, don't worry, we have special permission to search this parts of the woods, it is privately owned ground.

Great finds / relics guys, look forward to seeing more, how lucky are you living so close !!
    FW

Bart you lucky Dog
    I have never dug there because of that and I am only an hour north. I even have an EOD Foerstersonde and a two of the deep detectors (White's TM808) and was always wanting to try them out there. My area around Geilenkirchen is famous for tons of shrapnel Danny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2