Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Hundinurk- Waiawara July 1-3 of 2010, 11 Kp Danemark positions

Article about: So Guys, here I will make a report from our last trip, just come back home yesterday late afternoon. We work at the positions of 5 KP Danemark, in the first line of line Tannenberg. The Dane

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Two more early Freikorps Danmark tags as well plus the Officers tab wire maybe one is the Untersturmfuhrer from 5 Kompanie after all.

I didn't realise that the Danes had commited cruelties against the civil population was this when the Freikorps Danmark fought at Demjansk ?
    Im Danish, and I have read a lot of books about the Danish Freikorps, not one place is anything mentioned about cruelty to civilians. Some of them say the Russians are Untermenschen living in straw huts, but nothing about any harm done to civilians by the Danish volunteers. Thats a stupid thing to claim.

?

I'm not claiming it , if you read my post i'm asking about the source of this information ? Researching history is not stupid and you will probably find that any such accusations have come from Soviet sources.

As you will see if you read all the thread we have spent much time and effort recovering your countrymen !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

nice foundings.. thanks to share

?

Great work guys. Now more families has an answer.

To bad the russians didnt had dogtags.

?

I think it's a German MG 151 plannes ammo box reciever
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

finand58
    ?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I think its a pack of lightning ammo or smoke ammo, I have picked one up my self at nevsky pyatachok

//finandHundinurk- Waiawara July 1-3 of 2010, 11 Kp Danemark positions

- - ------- - -

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I think its a pack of lightning ammo or smoke ammo, I have picked one up my self at nevsky pyatachok

//finandHundinurk- Waiawara July 1-3 of 2010, 11 Kp Danemark positions

Sterling work all!

Been going back through old threads in this sub forum tonight and glad I spent some time reading this one again, I forgot how much great work had been done, fantastic artefacts recovered, and, most importantly, the proper burial of the fallen. Recently been reading about the fighting around the Kinderheimhohe, Grenadier Hohe etc so this was a timely thread to look back at. The bravery displayed by the Danmark units when cut off from the troops on the hills, awaiting relief, running low on munitions, was and is astounding. Schrijnen's PaK action also when the rest of the crew had become casualties.

Have you ever dug around the positions of the artillery units supporting the fighting? SS Art Reg 11 and 54? Or Flecke's 521 Batterie?

Regards
    Harvey

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11