Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I & R Platoon - A story

Article about: What a story steve, i found it fascinating and thrilling, i find that someone who can relate a portion of history so easily makes a book seem almost redundant, plus it adds that personal tou

Default Re: I & R Platoon - A story

Hi Steve and WW2 Hunter, make that three as I live just up the road, not far from Losheimergraben..... I am British and have been involved in MV collecting for a number of years. Recently I helped a friend acquire the roof from a Jpz IV that was destroyed near Dom Butgenbach.

A good book is 'The Key to the Bulge" by Stephen M. Rusiecki. It is published by Stackpole books. Although it mainly covers the fighting for Losheimergraben, it has an extensive account of the I&R platoon action at Lanzerath.

Regards

David

Quote by zundappuk View Post
    Hi Steve and WW2 Hunter, make that three as I live just up the road, not far from Losheimergraben..... I am British and have been involved in MV collecting for a number of years. Recently I helped a friend acquire the roof from a Jpz IV that was destroyed near Dom Butgenbach.

A good book is 'The Key to the Bulge" by Stephen M. Rusiecki. It is published by Stackpole books. Although it mainly covers the fighting for Losheimergraben, it has an extensive account of the I&R platoon action at Lanzerath.

Regards

David
    Hi David,
    I'll send you a PM when I come back in the area.
    Was the rooftop for a restauration job? I realy love German armor. If you know some good-ones beside the usual museum pieces,to make some close-up pictures?
    Scale modeling is another hobby of mine and it's realy hard to find some good inside and outside close-up's from german armor.
    I would be most grateful.

Grtz,
    Steven

Hi Steve great thread, have you read "the longest winter" It is all about the 394th IR platoon I have always been interested in the 99th ID and have collected items from the division since I started collecting.

Thanks Is that the one by Alex Kershaw ?

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Thanks Is that the one by Alex Kershaw ?
    Thats the one

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3