Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I think iv found a war time gunnery range

Article about: If they look like this then they are the HE fuses, don't use anything to abrasive when cleaning as the markings will disappear John

Default Re: I think iv found a war time gunnery range

If they look like this then they are the HE fuses, don't use anything to abrasive when cleaning as the markings will disappear

Attachment 334241

John

Thanks John,thats exactly what they are

Very nice CB Very nice indeed Love the fuses

Thanks Steve,always encouraging to hear from you all Now i love finding things,when you find the bullet youve got to find the case,thats all part of the fun.so when i found that target and bullets i just had to work out where they may have been fired from.I think iv found a war time gunnery rangeBingo!

I managed a quick search this morning found a few bullets and was fortunate to find the firing point.This little lot was all found in one place! im guessing they dug a hole and threw them in rather than carry them away with them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I think iv found a war time gunnery range  

Either that or you found an MG position

Just seen your post Steve,yes it could well be.Iv counted up and its a staggering 289 30 cals on the same ridge i found a nice little bren position
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I think iv found a war time gunnery range   I think iv found a war time gunnery range  

289 !!!!! Bloody hell !

Must be an MG position. The guys on the range wouldn't have been bothered about collecting stuff up into one location......too much like hard work

yeah im guessing your right.Although i did arrive at the pit theory as they were at least 10 inches down,very lucky to get a signal off the top ones otherwise i may have missed them altogether

forgot to mention this area is mental,positons on the left firing right.right firing left mortars in between.bananas

Same at the range I go to. Sand shifts a lot over the years, some are on the surface, some 18inches down......just luck that you walked over them

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast