Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying (German 20mm??) steel casing

Article about: Hello, With a metal detector, I found a rusted part of a casing. I would like to know what type of munition this used to be. It has a similar diameter as 20mm Hispano, and since it is made o

Question Identifying (German 20mm??) steel casing

Hello,

With a metal detector, I found a rusted part of a casing. I would like to know what type of munition this used to be. It has a similar diameter as 20mm Hispano, and since it is made out of steel, I think it is a German 20mm casing.

There is a headstamp placed on the primer of the shell, which I have not seen before. The headstamp is: "P2 exw 306"

The headstamp also seems to confirm that it should be German, since the P-code is often used by them. So, if anyone has an idea which type this casing could be, please let me know! Thank you in advance for your time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying (German 20mm??) steel casing  

It most probably is the remains of a casing from a 20mm FlaK cannon. exw on the primer is the name of the factory (Metallwerke Holleischen, Kreis Mies, Sudeten Germany).
    Last edited by llegion; 08-07-2018 at 10:05 PM.