Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

inert ammunition

Article about: More pieces from my sundries box , the bullets are all unstruck , can anyone tell me much about them from the markings ?

?

Default inert ammunition

More pieces from my sundries box , the bullets are all unstruck , can anyone tell me much about them from the markings ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture inert ammunition   inert ammunition  

inert ammunition   inert ammunition  

The first two pics show rounds from the German T- Gewehr Anti Tank rifle dated September 1918 (quite a rare and desirable round). The second is a .50 cal drill round made in Frankford Arsenal in 1944 I believe.

Are both headstamps the same on the T- Gewehr rounds? I don't know where you are but I know that the bullets are illegal in Britain due to their armor piercing qualities (bit silly in my opinion but there you go )

?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Are both headstamps the same on the T- Gewehr rounds? I don't know where you are but I know that the bullets are illegal in Britain due to their armor piercing qualities (bit silly in my opinion but there you go )
    Yes , both are stamped the same , i also have two others marked: DM 4 & 4 TW & they are joined together in part of a belt

Those sound like .50s aswell, the DM would indicate manufacture in the Des Moines Ordnance Plant (DM), and Twin Cities Ordnance Plant (TW) again in 1944. hope this helps

?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Those sound like .50s aswell, the DM would indicate manufacture in the Des Moines Ordnance Plant (DM), and Twin Cities Ordnance Plant (TW) again in 1944. hope this helps

Thanks again for your help

just found this RJ Militaria -J21 - Matching WW1 T-Gewehr Anti-Tank Rifle with 13mm Round

Just to re-iterate Spitace's comment above. If you live in the UK, the armour piercing bullet is illegal to possess, as covered by the firearms act section 5(1A)(g).