Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Japan's underwater graveyard

Article about: Not sure already shown please see link Japan's underwater graveyard: Incredible pictures of sunken planes, tanks and submarines show what once made up the Axis power's WW2 naval base until i

That is a really cool post! thanks Kradman

There was a documentary made a couple years ago in which ~ I think it was an Australian dive crew went to the Truk area intent on locating sunken Japanese ship/s and unaccounted for .

It was an excellent documentary and covered all aspects of the raid and the consequences ~ Apparently the US even managed to forewarn the native people to 'get clear' ~

But within 24 hours of their locating one of the ships, the ships bell was stolen !!

Unfortunately I can't recall what it was called ~

Great pics.

I always enjoy these articles but as is typical with modern journalism the captions of the pictures are usually not worth bothering with. Let your own eyes and basic knowledge help you interpret and don't heed the idiot (in most cases) copy writer.

Check the picture of the "diver inside a tank". Oh no he isn't!!

He is leaning over the engine compartment of a motor vehicle (a real spotter would tell you what type) with the bonnet (hood) missing and behind him are clearly seen multiple 56 gallon drums in a heap.

That would be one hell of a big tank!!

Obviously (not to the journalist it seems) he is inside a hold / storage area of a ship.

As I say, amazing pics just never mind the newspapers brainless comments.

Thanks for the link.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Wonderful photography

?

I remember watching the Jacques Cousteau TV special on Truk Lagoon back in the 70's (I think it was the 70's). It was, by far, my favorite of all of his TV specials.