Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

just a few of my favourite relics :)

Article about: Hi all, Just a few piccies of some of my most treasured relics .. I've gained quite a bit of stuff over the years .. so heres some of my relics , and just what or how i display them (ie the

Chris Collins
    ?

Default just a few of my favourite relics :)

Hi all,

Just a few piccies of some of my most treasured relics .. I've gained quite a bit of stuff over the years ..

so heres some of my relics , and just what or how i display them (ie the box frames)

The first pic is of a set of Valves from different aircraft, from Left to right.. P51 Mustang, Messerschmitt 110 (shot down by P51 USAAF ,and crashed in the Harz Mountains Germany,Belonged to ZG26),Bristol Bulldog (bi-plane fighter 1930s) ,Junkers 87 Stuka shot down on the Tangmere raid, and lastly Avro Anson..

Picture 2 is My total Love.. This is what i do with relics when i find them if i can, and if they are really interesting to me, this is my little display corner. I really really enjoy making up these box frames, and think they make the pieces come alive..
    Hope you like em, I just wanted to post something as a introduction.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture just a few of my favourite relics :)   just a few of my favourite relics :)  

?

Default Re: just a few of my favourite relics :)

a very nice way of storing and displaying , Chris

cheers Al

Hi Chris, they are beautifuly displayed. Well done

Good presentation, along side preservation, I think is very important, especially so with relic items. The history of these is now secure after being properly labeled so even the non collector can appreciate them.

Cheers, Ade.

Chris Collins
    ?

Thankyou chaps..,

I do try and keep the histories of the bits a bobs, otherwise they are worthless junk, this is why i love relic hunting, because you KNOW.. its from the battlefield or wartime incident, and they all have a very interesting story to tell.

heres another couple of pics

its of a Victorian Armstrong Guns Shell cap, these are littered all over the foreshore nr Bristol, from firing practice, I believe the Armstrong was a Major improvement on previous artillery.

and the other Piccy ,is the stator plate from the Me110 fighter ,shot down by 4 P51D, over Harz Mountains ,
    it was a ball of rust when i got it, But i have a small glass bead ,shot blasting cabinet, and this is how it came out,
    if you look cloesly you can see the four sets of points ,Part of the Mags I imagine ,
    The Next Piccy is of more parts from this ME110 Harz Mountains, quite quite a interesting find, and my Fave parts from this incident, which will be Box framed SOON.. there is a set of Anti sun Goggles, a Non return Valve in a rubber surround, (Oxy Mask ???)
    and two nice Data Plates .. WHich I have not translated Yet .
    I got quite a few bits spare from 110 this one if anyones interested,for swapsys . etc ????.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture just a few of my favourite relics :)   just a few of my favourite relics :)  

just a few of my favourite relics :)  

I find it totally fascinating that something as seemingly insignificant as an engine valve can make an aircraft, pilot, squadron and a single mission live forever in immortality. I think it's great what you guys do!

Chris Collins
    ?

WHy thankyou very much, I am not used to all this praise ,LOL

You will have me blushing in a mo... I do it because its what ive allways done, and it gives me lots of enjoyment .

Excellent displays and nice pieces. Very nice !

By the way ....... can I come round and borrow your blasting cupboard ? Got a couple of bits of rusty items that need that kind of thing doing to them, namely, 2 25lber base ejecting shells dated 1943 that I got off an old gunnery range

Steve T

Chris Collins
    ?

Hi Steve,
    Yes I cant see why not, I would need to buy some more shot, as ive ran out at the mo, used it all blasting trinkets, Namely that Luger...... which was also a ball of rust when i got it, problem with the blaster, they clog up quite easily, but persevere and you get there, But i gotta admit, even though glass shot is expensive, the results are quite good .

Awesome stuff , great displays mate , cheers Raymond

Chris Collins
    ?

Thanks Raymond ...

But you being in New Zealand, I bet you can get your hands on some Nice Japanese relics , .. which makes me wonder, is there any of you on here who have found any Japanese Aircraft relics or parts ??.. Some Data Plates from a Japanese plane ... One thing on my list i,ve not managed to track down yet .. one day eh ??