Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Korean War: May Massacre at Chuncheon

Article about: Ha~ sure is. Or like a stroll throught the tulips, only when they spring up, you don't wanna be near them. Have a good one, Dan

Default Re: Korean War: May Massacre at Chuncheon

Ha~ sure is. Or like a stroll throught the tulips, only when they spring up, you don't wanna be
    near them.

Have a good one,
    Dan

For the 61st anniversary of the battle (May 18th) I decided to hike up the north slope of Mt. Gari on a beautiful May day
    and paid my respects to the only memorial in the area, this one to a French Engineer Battalion (?). There isn't
    any other memorials dedicated to the battle that I'm (sadly) aware of.
    I first approached F Co. of 23rd RCT where I found the remains of a trip flare near where the machete was found. Then
    I came across one CCF bunker that showed plenty of evidence of Chinese soldiers' presence and found several
    troop/supply routes with finds such as rice bowls, a Chinese soldier's hand mirror as well as several DP pans and a
    drum for the Ppsh-41.

~For All Those that Fought and Died that Day~
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Korean War: May Massacre at Chuncheon   Korean War: May Massacre at Chuncheon  

Korean War: May Massacre at Chuncheon   Korean War: May Massacre at Chuncheon  

?

Beautiful nature! Nice finds too.

Regards, Lars

Yes, the hills and countryside are what really drew me back to the country. As long as one can get by
    the long winters, drastic changes in weather, monsoon season, humidity....still, I love the hills here!

Dan

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5