Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

last 3 days in Walhalla

Article about: This is the great finds!

Default Re: last 3 days in Walhalla

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Maybe i picked this up wrong but this isn't a thread for jokes , have a little respect !!!
    I totaly agree thise is no thread for jokes, but laughing it away is also a way of threating with the probleme.
    As you might know I do collect ground dugs and the only way to get them (to me ) is by searching the internet; because searching with a metal detector and finding the remains of a head in a helmet horryfies me. I wouldn't know how to deal with it.
    I don't know how to react on the job ostlanddigger is doing ...if they are all to identified ...maybe to the family it could matter.
    But on the other hand, why not leave the poor lads where they are and make a cemetery of the place where they are already burried.
    I leave in Antwerp/ Belgium ...at that time I had my antique shop in the center of the town, not very far from the cathedral, next to it was a square, build on top of an medieval cemetery. The authoritys planned to build a underground car park there and started to escaved the entyre place. Tons of bones and skull's where laying on the surface. Junk's and punk's where playing football with the skull's.I feld very bad about thise, the remains did'n even had a propper final rest place, they where used along with the sand to make a digue ....??
    I tought it was a lack of respect from our authoritys to his former subjects.
    I took part on a operation to recover the remains of a nationalist priest Operatie Brevier
    (sorry it is Flemish!!)
    who became "persona non grata" in Belgium, after the war. I still have got mixed feelings about thise. I mean that I still do'nt know if it was the right thing to do.
    Apart from all thise ...I am the kind of guy who dig's up the remains of our dog's, who ly in garden, when we are moving to another house....!
    So now you see how I feel about it.
    And paul & dimas talking about respect... you could have asked :
    "my god , did you had an accident and was it bad ??"
    but thise would have been to much off topic I guess?
    It all depends on what priority you are given; the forum or the forum members.

thakyou for your coment.many times soldiers in these mass graves are not encluded in eny list-hawe full dog tags.and that means soldier was just MIA until we found him.it happens all the time.sometimes these graves are discovered by locals during building something or making field works with technik etc. we are not doing that for threasure hunting-golden teeth,personal silver stuff,buckles,golden rings etc etc. so please don,t coment if you have nothing to say.P.S.- you said:IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT PRIORITY YOU ARE GIVE:THE FORUM OR FORUM MEMBERS.-------- then i can say:PLEASE DON,T TRY TO FIND ENEMY,S IN PLACE WHERE TEY ARE NOT. HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND ME CORECT.all the best to you. Ostlanddigger

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    thakyou for your coment.many times soldiers in these mass graves are not encluded in eny list-hawe full dog tags.and that means soldier was just MIA until we found him.it happens all the time.sometimes these graves are discovered by locals during building something or making field works with technik etc. we are not doing that for threasure hunting-golden teeth,personal silver stuff,buckles,golden rings etc etc. so please don,t coment if you have nothing to say.P.S.- you said:IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT PRIORITY YOU ARE GIVE:THE FORUM OR FORUM MEMBERS.-------- then i can say:PLEASE DON,T TRY TO FIND ENEMY,S IN PLACE WHERE TEY ARE NOT. HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND ME CORECT.all the best to you. Ostlanddigger
    Digger,

So? You receive information in regards to burial grounds from various sources and then you excavate and identify and return remains for proper burial??.

Is this something you do or does the government fund it or help fund it?. Looks like a lot of work, and equipment and manpower does not always come cheap.

Interesting but cant say I have seen this before, but it does appear honorable.

Thanks for the photo's.

Best,

Kris Lindblom

to ostlandigger; I think you didn't undesrstood what I wrote!!
    Maybe it is because English isn't my first language.
    All the best tou you too,mate.

Just want to add, that I came by many story's on individual human suffrance thrue history .
    Not just WWII.
    And thise by documents of ordinary people, diary's , letters, military documents even trade contracts....
    Some are very sceary!
    I kept copy's of most of them.
    Not for a laugh, just because they facinated me.
    But I can still look on the bright side of live and now and then make a joke about it.
    I didn't got shot until now for doing so.
    If it offences anyone , feel free to delete the post.Any post!!

ok stuka.sorry for missuderstanding.to K.Lindblom-to be honest we don,t feel gowernment care or worry about that.gowernment just made contract back in 90-ies with germany about that our country will take care for german soldiers graves.and after that all this proccess start to climb.............!so at this time doing all this is our personal initiative.sometimes local farmers help as with technik for nothing(many thanks to these people).our team leader colect some cheks-recieves to get back some gasoline money from War grawes committee.german Volksbund pays for reburial ceremony.thats all.this is not bussiness.personaly i am doing that for free.pay my own money for gasoline,food,steel and spend my time from family-sometimes sleeping in forest camps.nobody from our team don,t ask money for that.just as i said before-SOMEBODY MUST DO THAT.SO WE DO THAT SINCE MIDD OF 90-IES.thankyou very much for support.

[QUOTE=ostlanddigger;60694]ok stuka.sorry for missuderstanding.-QUOTE]

No probleme!!

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I totaly agree thise is no thread for jokes, but laughing it away is also a way of threating with the probleme.

And paul & dimas talking about respect... you could have asked :
    "my god , did you had an accident and was it bad ??"
    but thise would have been to much off topic I guess?
    It all depends on what priority you are given; the forum or the forum members.
    Stuka f at least we agree that this thread is not for jokes, there is no problem about making a joke or being light hearetd in a thread but this isn't one of them. I still can't see what "laughing away the problem " has got to do with the recovery of MIA and KIA soldiers of whatever nationality and making jokes about this will not become part of threads about serious issues such as this.

As far as your accident goes i hope you were not too seriously hurt and are now well but i took it from your jokey, flippant remark that it wasn't that serious.

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

gliderman
    ?

I just want to thank you for the work you are doing on a voluntary basis to recover and rebury with appropriate respect these long lost warriors. They came into your country to conquer and caused much suffering, and your work does much to demonstrate the spirit of friendship and respect for which your country is known. Respect to you my friends and thank you for sharing with us the full graphic evidence which is so moving. Nothing can evidcence the horror of that war more than this.

?

Keep up the good work, its nice to see any soldiers of any nation, found and then buried with respect. I'm sure that there families and next of kin appreciate the time and care that you take in finding there loved ones, and finally laying them to rest in a proper grave.

Nige

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast