Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Looking for avid battlefield archaeologist

Article about: CASTING CALL: LOOKING FOR REAL LIFE BATTLEFIELD ARCHAEOLOGIST!!! *Are you or someone you know a true to life BATTLEFIELD ARCHAEOLOGIST? *Do you travel the country or the world combing histor

?

Default Re: Looking for avid battlefield archaeologist

More details what is we are looking for Dave , it would be helpful if an Aussie member could contact Prospero Productions direct and ascertain if this enquiry is on their behalf.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi All

Just to let you know I have e-mailed the production company to check the authenticity of this request. I will let you know what they say, should they reply.

I suggest nobody proceed with sending this chap any details until I have received a response from the production company.

Cheers

Steve T

ha ha ha... that's great. Why on earth would anyone reply to that (apart from obscenities). I have many issues with this -

Personal data - I mean, would you post all those details about yourself 'anywhere' on the internet. Even 'facebook' suggest you post no information like that... and the people on there are suppose to be your 'friends'.

Site details - this person, who could be anyone want us to tell him where to dig and show them using photos what is there. Sure, you want us to pack your lunch too. How do we know that this person doesn't do this for a hobby too? Lets not even touch upon the subject of just trying to trap the stupid for doing something in which they shouldn't be doing.

The reply email address - How very unprofessional for a business involved in such a big industry to have a google email address and not a business email address. Also no link to there companys website. No name given to contact anyone about questions... fishy!

Also, what on earth is a "REAL LIFE BATTLEFIELD ARCHAEOLOGIST"? As if you get pretend ones, or there is some kind of ranking system where you start as MEDIOCRE BATTLEFIELD ARCHAEOLOGIST and advance up the ladder to things like NOT TOTALLY GENUINE BATTLEFIELD ARCHAEOLOGIST. The wording is just odd in places too... written in a rush maybe?

I feel I must say this, my advice would be stay well clear!

Yeah, sorta reads like one of those Nigerian Bank scams to me. Maybe a Pawel Nowak production?

Ok guys, I have a reply from the production company. I have copied it below.

Hi Stephen,

This is correct. Someone working for our company as a researcher is trying to find a presenter for a show we are developing.

I can confirm that this is a legitimate advert and we would very much like to run it.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

best

Kirstin Dryburgh
    Head of Production

Prospero Productions
    21 Blinco Street
    Fremantle
    WA 6160
    Tel: + 61 8 93366006
    Fax: + 61 8 93366007
    Cell: +61 414105091
    ******(deleted for public forum*****@prospero.com.au

You can now see that this is a legitimate request so I leave it up to you whether or not to reply. Please remember to NOT post any personal details in the forum itself, only submitting such information when you are happy to do so, and ONLY in a private message to the chap asking for info/volunteers.

Cheers

Steve T

?

Good stuff Steve , if there is a free trip to Freo in it it might be worth a punt !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Indeed it would Paul I can just picture myself now.......lazing about on Bondi Beach, beer in hand, BBQ on the go, cleaning the relics I've just picked up from the dump sites in the outback

?

Long way from Bondi in Freo mate but the beach at Joondalup would be a good alternative !!

No doubt they'll end up with some Proffesor Boffin who has never actually been on a Battlefield dig himself but is an " expert " !!

1st July 1916

Like the Time Team producers did on that dig in Jersey where the so called expert misidentified 70% of the finds, if not more ........ like that ?

?

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Like the Time Team producers did on that dig in Jersey where the so called expert misidentified 70% of the finds, if not more ........ like that ?

Now that makes no sense to me , how on earth does a so called producer or presenter make all those mistakes when these programmes are so heavily edited, each episode should have on set a historian of the subject in hand , it would have been the responsibility of the third director to arrange such but i would imagine that in this instance that was not done, possibly to save money as they dont come cheap for their opinions, basically what these people are trying to do is kill two birds with one stone, a presenter who is a historian. The "researcher" is no doubt posting this and other adverts elsewhere until a suitably named and experienced historian, with letters after his or her name comes forward and i seriously doubt that joe bloggs will even be considered, thats why a vast number of these documentaries are presented by either actors or some other form of celebrity, it helps to give credence to the programme

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast