Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

In Memory of the Crew of Tornado ZD809 Crashed 14th October 1999.

Article about: I know this is modern non World War related aviation archaelogy post but i helped research this incident with some aircrash researchers from Newcastle back in early 2000 and corresponded reg

Gulf War Here I go again - YouTube

The above video clip features ZD809 on Ops In Gulf War 1.
    Last edited by m3bobby; 10-10-2013 at 05:40 PM.

I've identified another part, the photo I've taken is of the right side but the ZD809 parts shown are from the left side in the same position.

This photo shows the location the 2 parts are from.

Also I think there's been some confusion with the photos on this thread. ZD809 Awesome Annie shows nose art of a woman with a bomb between her leg, the other nose art with the black stockings is ZD890 coded O 'Hello Kuwait G'Bye Iraq'.

Today is the 14th anniversary of this tragic accident. I'm not a big drinker but I'll be slowly supping a training ale tonight in memory of Richard Wright and Sean Casabayo.

?

]Hi Guys

As aprt of my secondary duties when I was posted in Cornwall I was the staion Wragraves rep- I surveyed and photographed wargraves post war) for what used to be PMA at Innsworth. Looking through my photos I found one to add to this thread
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]637965[/ATTACH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture In Memory of the Crew of Tornado ZD809 Crashed 14th October 1999.  

Thanks Perce.

?

As coincidences go - I was working at Spadeadam at the time of the crash.

Quote by perce View Post
    ]Hi Guys

As aprt of my secondary duties when I was posted in Cornwall I was the staion Wragraves rep- I surveyed and photographed wargraves post war) for what used to be PMA at Innsworth. Looking through my photos I found one to add to this thread
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]637965[/ATTACH
    Thank you so much for posting this one. Havent been on here for some time due to house moves and no internet but hope to be back more frequent now. Lets keep this going and im still trying to obtain a photo of Flt Lt Wright to add to this memorial page and hope some day i might succeed. Thanks to all who continue to add information on this one. Regards Tim.

alex p
    ?

I could provide you with a photo of Flt.Lt Richard Ashley Wright as he was my uncle

alex p
    ?

Quote by alex p View Post
    I could provide you with a photo of Flt.Lt Richard Ashley Wright as he was my uncle
    Alex thank you very much indeed. I once spoke on the phone to Richards father about a photograph but maybe the tragedy was still too raw as that was last I heard. I have been trying ever since and your photograph really is something special and has made this tribute complete so thanks so much Tim Heath.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast