Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

In Memory of the Crew of Tornado ZD809 Crashed 14th October 1999.

Article about: I know this is modern non World War related aviation archaelogy post but i helped research this incident with some aircrash researchers from Newcastle back in early 2000 and corresponded reg

Debic
    ?

I knew Richard Wright - he was a good friend. He flew me in a Piper out of RAF Woodvale near Southport, Merseyside some year before his tragic accident. He was an amazing man. I cannot believe I have not seen this forum before and would like to thank you for keeping the memory of the two lost crew alive. In my mind - indeed in the minds of other friends of Richard I know - he will never be forgotten. He was a good man. Thank you for the good work you do.

Quote by Debic View Post
    I knew Richard Wright - he was a good friend. He flew me in a Piper out of RAF Woodvale near Southport, Merseyside some year before his tragic accident. He was an amazing man. I cannot believe I have not seen this forum before and would like to thank you for keeping the memory of the two lost crew alive. In my mind - indeed in the minds of other friends of Richard I know - he will never be forgotten. He was a good man. Thank you for the good work you do.
    Welcome, and well said too.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Katherine
    ?

I knew sean.... Way back from Finningley. Years of searching and never forgetting led me here. Difficult situation but a kind amusing charming dedicated young man. Always a gentlemen. He has stayed with me all my life...as will 14th October 1999.I found all my answers here. Thankyou.

Katherine
    ?

Please where is this cemetry?

With another year passing and another anniversary coming I would just like to thank everyone who has contributed to my RAF Tornado ZD809 Memorial page. Everyone who has contributed has in some way ensured that Flight Lt's Wright and Casabayo will not be forgotten and this is what makes Warelics Forum such a special one. On 14 October I will be thinking of them and of Julie Flt Lt Casabayo's partner-wherever she is I hope she is well and that she is happy as without her help much of what I had learned about the last minutes of that fatefull flight would have remained a mystery. RIP Flt Lt's Wright and Casabayo-you will never be forgotten. Tim Heath.

aciaman
    ?

Hi Tim,

It's Jim Corbett. I was driving close to the crash site this week and I see two new crosses had been placed close to the crash site. Good to see you are keeping the memories of these brave guys alive.

If you are on Facebook search for the group Air Crash Investigation & Archaeology, that's where I can be found nowadays. Found this forum whilst searching for photos from my trips to the site with Glyn, I lost them all when my computer crashed many moons ago.

Hello, I am the sister of Richard Wright, firstly I'd like to say thank you for setting this dedication up, and secondly, I can't believe 17 yrs on I haven't found this earlier!

I will reply in more detail once I've read all the pages on the forum. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone wants to ask me :-)

Hi there and welcome to the memorial page. I cant put into words just how gratefull I am to hear from Richards family. I did speak briefly with your father which I think was back in 2002 and he did say that the initial horror of losing Richard had become a little more bearable but was still very much in mourning over the incident. I did ask if it would be ok to have a photograph of Richard purely for memorial purposes and he agreed to the idea but photo was never received and I did not want to come across as pestering and so I left it. I never gave up hope and kept this page going on this excellent site and as you can see there have been some really good contributions. I think this page is the most comprehensive on ZD809 on the internet. Many of the old photos were taken by Jim Corbett and Glyn Towers and I saved much of the material from Glyns original memorial webpage and lucky I did as it has since closed down. Jim Corbett was the major driving force behind the original investigation and he is in the process of creating a new website and will include some of the material from this memorial page on his new one. Please feel free to include any photos or information you like on here and I hope that you find this a good memorial to your dear brother Richard. With warm regards Tim Heath.

As allways Jim without you this page would never have been possible in the first place as it was your initial investigative work that proved so important and paved the way for the first ZD809 Memorial webpage which Glyn then set up. Its great to have you onboard Jim as your sound knowledge and expertise in this field is second to none. Best Regards Tim.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast