Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Metal Detecting in Europe?

Article about: On my last relic hunting trip in France 3 guys were arrested.for using medal detecting But nothing happen to them because they were not digging with the detector when they got pick up.I have

Default Re: Metal Detecting in Europe?

Yeah, I have seen videos of a man in Russia who did that in some river and was pulling out artifacts that looked like they had only been put there days before.

But where can I do that? I guess I'd better pull out my History books.
    Also, I guess there is no point in buying a metal detector because if I can only use it on beaches which have been gone over hunfreds of times by now, there is no point.

Does anybody know of a way I can do some metal detecting on a WW2 Battlefield legally?

Quote by Screaming Eagle View Post
    Yeah, I have seen videos of a man in Russia who did that in some river and was pulling out artifacts that looked like they had only been put there days before.

But where can I do that? I guess I'd better pull out my History books.
    Also, I guess there is no point in buying a metal detector because if I can only use it on beaches which have been gone over hunfreds of times by now, there is no point.

Does anybody know of a way I can do some metal detecting on a WW2 Battlefield legally?
    If you do not have any connection there is no way.
    I do not use one and I have found great stuff.
    check out my thread and you will see.
    My last trip 2 rifles 5 bayonets 1 helmet and other stuff just walking the woods fields and rivers.

Wow Chris.
    Could you direct me to that thread please?

Do you people on the forums have connections then?

I guess this kind of put my dreams in the dirt, but your suggestion, Chris, has inspired me. THanks.

Is there any other information you can add?

Wow Chris.
    Could you direct me to that thread please?

Do you people on the forums have connections then?

I guess this kind of put my dreams in the dirt, but your suggestion, Chris, has inspired me. THanks.

Is there any other information you can add?
    Click on cricketchris1944
    go to my profile and statistic and my threat

Guys

I am sorry to be the one to do this but this forum cannot condone the illegal searching of areas and the illegal removal of items from the land. This thread needs to give advice within the confines of the law or we will have no choice but to remove it from the forum.

Detecting Law

The above link gives basic advice on the laws of some, but by no means ALL of the european countries.

Laws pertaining to Metal Detecting.

The above thread gives more information.

Searching the Hurtgen is illegal. No permission or permit can be gained for searching it. You search it, you do so at your own risk. Please do not advise others to search it, or say you are going there yourself.

Searching the land in France is illegal without the written permission of the Prefect for the region. Having the land owners permission is not enough. If you are going to search it, again, do so at your own risk and please do not advise others to do so.

This community prides itself on discussions about ww2 artefacts and the legal acquisition of genuine WW2 relics.

This forum has a gained a name for itself for being honest, above board, extremely knowledgable and LEGAL. We will not allow this view of the forum to be harmed in any way.

The metal detecting and search technology forum has plenty of threads giving advice and I suggest you look there for further advice.

I hope you have success in your search for WW2 relics, but please make sure that what you do is legal.

Many thanks

Steve T

Hello gentlemen, I am from Romania, I recently bought me a metal detector, according to the law do not think it would be a problem with the authorities, I just know that they are forbidden to excavate archaeological sites related to metal detecting as a hobby but I do not think would be a problem.

@ Steve
    Of course! I agree with you 100%! As for the Hurtgen forest issue, I was only using it as an example.

Now, if any of you have ever tried it, try looking up Battle field relics or something on youtube. There are plenty of videos pertaining to excavating archaeological areas in Europe.
    I'm just wondering, do you guys think these people are doing it legally?
    Eagle

@ Steve
    Of course! I agree with you 100%! As for the Hurtgen forest issue, I was only using it as an example.

Now, if any of you have ever tried it, try looking up Battle field relics or something on youtube. There are plenty of videos pertaining to excavating archaeological areas in Europe.
    I'm just wondering, do you guys think these people are doing it legally?
    Eagle
    They are not.

Watch the vids and see how many people show their faces, or use their real names on youtube. Not many. And if they say they're searching in Belgium or Germany or even France......ten to 1 they're doing so illegally.

Make sure you know the laws and do stuff right. Always make sure you're legal !

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Watch the vids and see how many people show their faces, or use their real names on youtube. Not many. And if they say they're searching in Belgium or Germany or even France......ten to 1 they're doing so illegally.

Make sure you know the laws and do stuff right. Always make sure you're legal !

Steve T
    You are right, and they also have the arrogance to simply run away from their dig sites- not refill the holes.

There is one guy from the Netherlands who posts vids who I sent a couple of PM's to. He said he was an archaeologist in training, and was excavating ww2 battlefields for practice/fun?
    Comments?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast