Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Meuse Argonne Springfield found in river

Article about: Yes just searched your topic...amazing find, really! You must have had a great day that day. Have you cleaned it already? Still looking where to go this move, I think the woods around Cumel

Default Re: Meuse Argonne Springfield found in river

Hi Chris

Jean Paul, that was it ! I believe his wife has a cafe next to his museum, we were disappointed we couldnt go in as the storms at the end of Feb had brought down his powerlines so no cafe and no light so we couldnt have seen anything inside. Maybe next year. Around those areas as well as the battles there were numerous German rest camps which the troops rotated from the front to. I have found gas mask pieces, filters, a mustard jar, French fuses as they shelled the area plus a lot of live ordnance still in the woods. I don`t own a detector so just look with the eye but its surprising how much is still around, especially at the less well known battlefields. Great find with the rifle, I hope to find something as good one day, but then with our Firearms laws its probably best I don`t as I`d be gutted to find something like that and not be able to bring it home. I`ll settle for a helmet or bayonet one day !!
    Anyway, good hunting in future trips.
    FW

Quote by Forestwalker View Post
    Hi Chris

Jean Paul, that was it ! I believe his wife has a cafe next to his museum, we were disappointed we couldnt go in as the storms at the end of Feb had brought down his powerlines so no cafe and no light so we couldnt have seen anything inside. Maybe next year. Around those areas as well as the battles there were numerous German rest camps which the troops rotated from the front to. I have found gas mask pieces, filters, a mustard jar, French fuses as they shelled the area plus a lot of live ordnance still in the woods. I don`t own a detector so just look with the eye but its surprising how much is still around, especially at the less well known battlefields. Great find with the rifle, I hope to find something as good one day, but then with our Firearms laws its probably best I don`t as I`d be gutted to find something like that and not be able to bring it home. I`ll settle for a helmet or bayonet one day !!
    Anyway, good hunting in future trips.
    FW
    Next time you go there Tell him you know Chris Rivers He will take you care of you.I have been going there for years and helmets are hard to find I only found one on my last trip there It was M17 but in bad condition but bayonets are alot easier just on my last trip I found 5 3 US and 2 German just like you no metal detector just walking the woods and fields.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Next time you go there Tell him you know Chris Rivers He will take you care of you.I have been going there for years and helmets are hard to find I only found one on my last trip there It was M17 but in bad condition but bayonets are alot easier just on my last trip I found 5 3 US and 2 German just like you no metal detector just walking the woods and fields.
    Thanks Chris, I will do that. Lucky to find so many bayonets, hopefully next time. I`ve not searched in the Romagne area so perhaps a try there might be useful. Best item I`ve found was a German sniper shield in two pieces where it had been hit, that was March this year, plus a nice French brass beehive fuse from a 65mm mountain gun which has cleaned up nicely. So helmets are scarce, no surprise really but one is waiting for me, just got to find it ! Maybe next year....
    All the best
    FW

Thanks Chris, I will do that. Lucky to find so many bayonets, hopefully next time. I`ve not searched in the Romagne area so perhaps a try there might be useful. Best item I`ve found was a German sniper shield in two pieces where it had been hit, that was March this year, plus a nice French brass beehive fuse from a 65mm mountain gun which has cleaned up nicely. So helmets are scarce, no surprise really but one is waiting for me, just got to find it ! Maybe next year....
    All the best
    FW
    I have found a sniper shield also check it out I have it post on a thread( meuse argonne sniper shield)try the woods next to cumel.

I saw your sniper shield on your previous post, a great find and a pretty rare item. The shield I found is a loophole or trench plate, quite large and heavy ! Will try and send you a pic. I know of the woods and area you mean, I was going to go this year but didn`t get chance. Next year !
    Regards
    FW

I saw your sniper shield on your previous post, a great find and a pretty rare item. The shield I found is a loophole or trench plate, quite large and heavy ! Will try and send you a pic. I know of the woods and area you mean, I was going to go this year but didn`t get chance. Next year !
    Regards
    FW
    I like thoses trench plates ,I have been trying to find one but no luck they are getting harder to find most of them have been taken to the scrap yard but I do have one friend who found 5 of them at the scrapyard and bought them for 50 euros for all of them.They are the larger one ,they had the small model and the big model.I hope to get one by the end of the year.

Hi Chris,

Great find!
    In January I'll visit the Argonne area for the second time and will do some research before visiting. I've visited the Verdun area quite a lot and found quite some stuff there with the eye only, amazing.
    You said you found the rifle with your stick. Could you tell me how you use the stick during searching? As this seems like a very good methode ;-)

Meuse Argonne Springfield found in river
    Quote by Shenkie View Post
    Hi Chris,

Great find!
    In January I'll visit the Argonne area for the second time and will do some research before visiting. I've visited the Verdun area quite a lot and found quite some stuff there with the eye only, amazing.
    You said you found the rifle with your stick. Could you tell me how you use the stick during searching? As this seems like a very good methode ;-)
    Just go in the river and use the pick to touch what is in the river if you feel like it is something hard pull it out to see what it is.it works great.

Great, thanx for sharing Chris. Will try it out next year ;-)

Quote by Shenkie View Post
    Great, thanx for sharing Chris. Will try it out next year ;-)
    Do you know where you want to go in Meuse Argonne.
    Did you see my sniper shield I have posted that I also found in Meuse Argonne.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast