Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

MG151 grip?

Article about: Or could be something completely different. I don't normally buy crash bits, but this has been on the same stall at Stoneleigh for a few years. It was listed a P47 stick grip but isn't. Has

?

Default MG151 grip?

Or could be something completely different. I don't normally buy crash bits, but this has been on the same stall at Stoneleigh for a few years. It was listed a P47 stick grip but isn't. Has traces of anodising under the paint and certainly looks to have come out of a crash, being snapped at the base and deeply scored. MG151s were used in free mounts on Ju188s an He177s so a possibility. Pretty sure it's not British or US. Could be AFV? Anyone got better info or pics than this? Thanks!

http://xenoaisam.files.wordpress.com...yblivy_165.jpg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG151 grip?   MG151 grip?  

MG151 grip?  

Default Re: MG151 grip?

Had a look through all my stuff ian_ but can't find a picture with these vertical grips I'm afraid. Certainly isn't, as you pointed out, a P47 control column grip, nor is it a P51. I think you're right with your ID but just can't help you positively ID it I'm afraid.

Sorry

Steve T

?

Thanks for looking Steve, some serious browsing/ time wasting found they were also fitted to MG FF canons, here in the nose of an He111. The dug one is from a Polish forum. Needless to say I'm pleased!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG151 grip?   MG151 grip?  

So you should be nice find

Well done Ian
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice!!!

Andy.