Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Mouse's next site (and Jays)

Article about: ****ing hell ! This site is turning out to be amazing ,

Default Re: Mouse's next site (and Jays)

Amazing cache guys. Big congrats to you! Awesome !!!!

I must say this site did look very promising in the early stages,im just amazed at not only the variety of finds but the sheer volume of finds.Who knows whats yet to come

Dan/Jay
    Ive never seen anything like this before !!, an amazing variety of different regimental buttons etc and all from one hole, obviously dug to dispose of them. So.... and I'm you must be thinking the same if you've found one 2 by 2 midden then there might well be more .
    LS

?

Me and dan have been thinking exactly the same thing!

Stop press lol !!!...... Dan has been back today and had another assortment of awesome finds I will let him fill you in with the details !!!!

?

Good man hope his camera is working well

This is unreal this site... a friend of mine said he had a few hours spare today and said "could we go digging", sure lets go! So we had 3 hours on site...

The results where as expected at first PIAT stuff and a few broken Triang carts. The I heard a little voice say "Dan, whats all this?" So i went o investigate... (don't get excited yet) in his larger than normal hole, but not big enough for Dave to fall in yet was lots of rusty cans So as normal I had lots of nice and helpful advice "Dig them out fishy, there might be some good stuff under and amounst them". I left him to it and wondered off. About 15 mins passed and I heard a little voice say "I got some stuff?" I wondered back over not expecting to see anything but more carp. However, he produces a practice 2inch mortar wooo, and a few of the US arty launchin carts, mortar fins and other odd bits. Well, I was in this now trench like hole. Stuff turned out to be everywhere just see the pics. Sadly we ran out of time and could see more in the trench just didn't have the time to keep digging... were are back on sat!

Mouse's next site (and Jays)Mouse's next site (and Jays)Mouse's next site (and Jays)Mouse's next site (and Jays)Mouse's next site (and Jays)Mouse's next site (and Jays)Mouse's next site (and Jays)

I'm hoping that I'm right with these bits and that they are practice Teller Mines!!!

Mouse's next site (and Jays)Mouse's next site (and Jays)

Enjoy peeps!!!

I just looked up the measurements of a teller mine and it matches! 12.75 inch's across!

T. Mi. 35: Tellermine—Types 1a & 1b « Catalog of Enemy Ordnance

just gets better and better...amazing stuff guys you really struck gold with this one

What are those big round lids that are all dated 1940? with the two little clips that seem to do nothing.

Please tell me someone knows.

Dm - on the pic of the big round lid, is that ACC I see stamped above the 1940 date?

Mouse's next site (and Jays)

Isn't ACC the standard abbreviation for Army Catering Corps? May be they are some kind of lid for provisions storage containers, though what specifically I have no idea?

cheers
    m

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast