Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mud men

Article about: I daresay he is a nice guy off screen Paul, but in every segment of Mud Men, he comes over as a complete twit, who finds it neccessary to shout his way through every programme and it grates

?

Default Mud men

Ok, ive just watched the last episode of Mud Men , who for some reason decided to refrain from the meaning of the title , and pay a visit to a Polish Battlefield area, the finds were good, including ordnance both live and inert/spent, but how bloody ignorant can programme researchers get and allow the two "stars" and i use that term sparingly, to continually refer to the german troops , tanks, items found , as Nazi, every flaming sentence when describing something was nazi this nazi that, apart from Johnny Vaughan who is one of the most annoying presenters on the box since it was invented , what is the matter with programmers, im sure that this was not always the case and my theory is that these new kids know no better, they are too young , have very little knowledge of history and care even less, and as with every episode, a quarter is finding items, then watching the two idiots replicating a part of history followed by a visit to a pub and all the while "Vaughanie" shouting his way through, interupting the experts who cant get a word in sideways, and they let this twat have a mudlark licence to dig 3" below surface, i wouldnt let him near a potting shed let alone handling historic items, oh and according to him one of the MGs used by the "nazis" was an MG 32 , thank god he's gone off the screens for a while, i thought i would find the series informative and to a point i did but to endure the rest was too much, rant over

Default Re: Mud men

This happen all the time people talking about ww1 or ww2 and just do not know crap.sorry for my French.
    Hitler dog name was george,US soldier used M16 in ww2 just junk.
    chris

Haha i thought the same nazi this nazi that, but to be fair i like johnny v and i think i'd be the same shouting and getting over exicted digging in Europe...

Would be great to have a show that featured some honest-to-God Archeologists/historians as the diggers. That would be a treat... But what we mostly get with reality TV... especially here in the USA is crap more like Ghost hunters...

To be honest, i have not seen an episode of this.
    But i will tonight, then i will have an opinion.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

johnny arse hole spoils what could be a great programme.

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Ok, ive just watched the last episode of Mud Men , who for some reason decided to refrain from the meaning of the title , and pay a visit to a Polish Battlefield area, the finds were good, including ordnance both live and inert/spent, but how bloody ignorant can programme researchers get and allow the two "stars" and i use that term sparingly, to continually refer to the german troops , tanks, items found , as Nazi, every flaming sentence when describing something was nazi this nazi that, apart from Johnny Vaughan who is one of the most annoying presenters on the box since it was invented , what is the matter with programmers, im sure that this was not always the case and my theory is that these new kids know no better, they are too young , have very little knowledge of history and care even less, and as with every episode, a quarter is finding items, then watching the two idiots replicating a part of history followed by a visit to a pub and all the while "Vaughanie" shouting his way through, interupting the experts who cant get a word in sideways, and they let this twat have a mudlark licence to dig 3" below surface, i wouldnt let him near a potting shed let alone handling historic items, oh and according to him one of the MGs used by the "nazis" was an MG 32 , thank god he's gone off the screens for a while, i thought i would find the series informative and to a point i did but to endure the rest was too much, rant over
    Dave having had conversations in the past with reseachers for a few history channel typr documentaries i can tell you that they are completely and utterly clueless with regard to WW2 !! Vaughn has always been a complete motormouth and is the same on this show whcih is why i can't bring myself to watch it !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Reality TV is not reality.
    100% of them are scripted. They are cheap production fillers.

?

One thing i hated is that they took off the show combat cash on discovery. I though that was a very cool show and i was looking forward to watch it every week but they took it off the air.
    Thanks
    Ryan

?

Like Top Gear, Mud Men is more scripted than a Shakespeare play.

I've worked with J Vaughn on a number of occasions since the early 1990s, purely by chance, and have always found him to be a genuine, down-to-earth guy off camera.

A classic example was when he turned up on our display at Beltring last summer to shoot some filler sequences for the current Mud Men series.

The crew consisted of Vaughn, camera guy, recording guy, the Artistic Director and the AD's fawning assistant (AKA the chap with the food).
    Vaughn was demonstrably annoyed at having to do multiple takes on a segment on Jeeps, as he wouldn't follow the script provided by the aforementioned Artistic Director, because "it was complete bo££ocks" and he was fed up "having to play an ignorant twit to the camera" (his own words, slightly edited to tone down the swearing) and was ad-libbing with the right info that he already knew.
    Even the camera team were hacked off, but the AD (NOTE: Artistic director, not historical or factual director) insisted on the lowest-common-denominator script she'd written.

As long as it looks pretty and gounhds good, eh?

(See the most recent series of Time Team for a similar example of how a new director with "arty ideas", previously "let go" by another major UK TV channel for buggering up long-established programmes, manages to carry on in the same vein...)

PB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast