Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My 2006 Normandy trip (picture heavy with descriptions)

Article about: Below is the textual description of what each picture is. Scroll past this to find the pictures Annoyed from this ads?   MAY 31, 2006 BELGIUM 2750 ON THE WAY TO FOY 2754 - 2764 MONUMENT

Superb images

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Max, absolutely amazing photos and holiday experiences. Touching to see the American grave stones of names of the soldiers, leaving their home towns thousands of miles away to fight for Europe's freedom. Thank you for your time and patience for loading all those pictures, it's not easy.
    Excellent posting.

We just missed each other my friend. I was over there too in 2006!
    Great Pictures thank you for sharing.

Cheers,
    Joel

?

Enjoyed the photos.

I don't know if you guys are comapring the notes to the pictures, but one of the last photos shows a vet in yellow sweater kneeling by a grave. I was about 100 feet away when I saw his standing and saluting the grave but couldn't get my camera out fast enough. Here is the story

3558 – 3559 AND 3561
    CHET GRAHAM AT THE GRAVE OF HIS FRIEND FRED GILLESPIE. FRED LOOKED AROUND THE CORNER OF A BUILDING AND HIS HEAD WAS TAKEN OFF BY A GERMAN 88 “HIS BODY WAS THERE MINUS HIS HEAD” THIS HAPPENED IIN THE TOWN OF PICAUVILLE

Also you will notice stains on the church pews. That was blood of the wounded soldiers who were being treated there.

Great photos, thanks for taking the time to share them!......

Thanks for sharing this. I may never see these locations, but it's the next best thing to view great photos like this. I only wish that you might put the descriptions in with the photos.

great pics,back in the early 70s you could get inside the panther 401,there is a hole in the floor jamming the turret it stil had the batterys in Varta.now its sealed up.

It took me 45 minutes just to upload the photos.

You could copy and paste the descriptions into a word document and print them out. Then if you click on each picture it will open up larger in a new browser window showing the picture number in the address bar. Then cross reference that with my descriptions at the thread beginning.

Example

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...-descriptions-dsc_2764.jpg

2754 - 2764
    MONUMENT FOR 101ST EASY COMPANY

?

Excellent photos.. I will have to get around these areas one day.. Thanks for uploading .. Cheers Terry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast