Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My dug-ups

Article about: Hi guys, here are a few pictures of my relics that i have been digging up in the last months. I have many more findings and pictures, but I will post them later in this tread. All these reli

Talking My dug-ups

Hi guys, here are a few pictures of my relics that i have been digging up in the last months. I have many more findings and pictures, but I will post them later in this tread. All these relics are found in the southern part of the Netherlands Everything that you see in the pictures that is illegal is not in my possession anymore, it was handed out to the local autorities. So i don't have any live rounds, grenades or magazines in my possession
    Have fun!
    My dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-ups

?

WOW!!! You have been a busy guy Lenny.
    Looks like a lot of great items. That Arty round is quite impressive.

Those mortars and hand grenade would make my butt pucker digging them up!

Semper Fi
    Phil

My dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-ups

Today I found an interesting relic. Its probably an English map bag, because I found plastic with a map in it! On the map are enemy postions and other locations marked. I also found a jupiler beer bottle dated 1940. For the rest some usual finds as you can see.

?

Very nice finds - I especially like the map case!

?

Although you say you have handed all live ammo to the Authorities , you actually took a live shell home to photograph it in your kitchen , really ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Hopefully it was a discharged 25lb Smoke Shell - looks like it could have been: Found on the South Downs: 25lb Smoke Shell and Tracked MV part? Can anyone confirm?

?

Indeed looks like it could be a smoke but not sure it's inert or if the OP knew that , lets hope he did, it's just not got practice in general !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Haha, it's a Brittish 25 pr smoke shell, totally empty. It has done the job.

My dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-ups

More recent finds. All these pictures are my own finds, which I dug up recently in the southern parts of The Netherlands

Bones are reported to the authorities, but they couldnt be identified, they are probably also mixed with animal bones, found in a shell crater with dumped ww2 stuf.

My dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-ups

Nice piat found last weekend without it's tail.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast