Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My dug-ups

Article about: Hi guys, here are a few pictures of my relics that i have been digging up in the last months. I have many more findings and pictures, but I will post them later in this tread. All these reli

?

Nice find! From what I have read these can be very volatile though !

My dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-ups

Found a few nice Brittish 2 inch mortars today. All life. Does anyone know if they are all HE? Or does anyone recognize a smoke or signal? Have them burried for now, but if there is one not HE I will pick them up.

?

Nice finds - the two in the first picture may be smoke / illuminating but it's difficult to tell from the pictures. Smoke rounds contain an explosive charge inside them to set the smoke filling alight too. You'd need to check if the round has definitely been spent already but be careful!

Did you find anything else?

A lot of iron MG cases, barbed wire from that period, but nothing interesting unfortanetely. When I have new nice finds, I will post them!

I also found a 2 cm flak grenade, but I dont have a picture of that one

?

Nice finds - I look forward to seeing what else you find!
    Just noticed the German dog tag in the first lot of photos, does it have any writing stamped on it?

?

Quote by lenny499 View Post
    A lot of iron MG cases, barbed wire from that period, but nothing interesting unfortanetely. When I have new nice finds, I will post them!
    What does the WWII period barbed wire look like, the thick WWI stuff or modern day wire as seen on farmer's fields and ebay helmets?

Tony

Very thick and very rusty. I think it was laying on the bottem of a MG pit, because it was surrounded by iron MG cases. The text on the EK says : 043/ UEB 236 2392 O I have tried to trace the soldier but that is very hard unfortanetely, no succes till today.

These are 2 ( empty ) Brittish 25 pr smoke shells. I found and cleaned the shells by myself and I bought the cases. Detonaters in amazing condition.. Last picture is a 25 pr HE, not in my posession ofcourse!
    My dug-upsMy dug-ups
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My dug-ups  

?

Thanks, good to know it more like WWI barbed wire rather than the modern thin stuff.

My dug-ups

Found this German 8.8 cm Pz. Gr. 39 recently. It is totally empty and harmless, but due to the law not in my possesion anymore. Eventhouhg, it was really nice to find this one!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast