Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My first finds (well, 20 years ago)

Article about: Thank you to all for your interest! Here are a couple of closeups of the pocketwatch. It is marked "Jacco Sevrette", a maker that I can not find any information on. I believe it is

?

Default Re: My first finds (well, 20 years ago)

Thank you to all for your interest! Here are a couple of closeups of the pocketwatch. It is marked "Jacco Sevrette", a maker that I can not find any information on. I believe it is French and would welcome any more information that anyone has.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first finds (well, 20 years ago)   My first finds (well, 20 years ago)  

?

Here are a couple of the more interesting items. The fin assembly for an American bazooka round and a K98 scabbard.

Any recommendations on preserving the metal of the scabbard? Also note the bits of white in the fin assembly. That comes from using a field expedient preservative; Kiwi neutral shoe polish! Not knowing much about keeping the items preserved once I found them, I figured the best thing that I could do was (after drying them out) putting a layer of wax on them to prevent the exposure to air. Seems to have worked ok so far.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first finds (well, 20 years ago)  

Hello Beast and welcome! Those are great finds that you have displayed. Thank you for sharing it with us.

rgds, Ty

Quote by BEAST View Post
    Thank you to all for your interest! Here are a couple of closeups of the pocketwatch. It is marked "Jacco Sevrette", a maker that I can not find any information on. I believe it is French and would welcome any more information that anyone has.
    LEVRETTE WATCH CO. La Chaux de Fonds. The company trading about the 1920 - 1935 period.
    It was a tradename used by BRAUNSCHWEIG & CO. La Chaux de Fonds

Erick,

Your watch may be earlier or later than the above dates because the watches in the 1920-35 period that I have seen, seem to have the "Jacco" omitted from the name. They may have at one time been in a partnership with another firm or "Jacco" may indicate the model or a type of movement. To the best of my knowledge, the firm was Swiss. Also, from what little I have found, they were a quality watch company that also made wrist watches in 14KT gold.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Those nice grips really set that P-38 off! It was asked if it was loaded when found,was it?

great items looks like a top class relic digging site

Thanks

Danny

?

Steve, Thanks for the info on the watch. I badly misread the "L" for an "S".

My apolgies for taking so long to answer about if the pistol was loaded. The answer is yes, when I found it, it had a nearly full magazine. I was able to tap off the base plate from the magazine and remove the ammo. IIRC, most were headstamped 1944. I had hoped to find a photo of the rounds, magazine spring, etc., that I had around here. As soon as I find it, I'll post it.

?

The fight did not go well for the Americans. Ammunition had to be abandon & weapons destroyed. Here is about 5 lbs of .45 ammunition that I found in a small nest. Also here is a barrel extension for the .30 cal machine gun.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first finds (well, 20 years ago)   My first finds (well, 20 years ago)  

?

The Germans hit the Americans with small arms, panzerfausts, artillery and armor.

My first finds (well, 20 years ago)  

?

Most of the American force was destroyed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast