Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My first finds (well, 20 years ago)

Article about: Thank you to all for your interest! Here are a couple of closeups of the pocketwatch. It is marked "Jacco Sevrette", a maker that I can not find any information on. I believe it is

Default Re: My first finds (well, 20 years ago)

The first picture in your last post is whats left of a US Issue torch (I think) am I right?

Thanks

Danny

Wow Erick...you've been holding out on me...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    The first picture in your last post is whats left of a US Issue torch (I think) am I right?

Thanks

Danny
    Danny,

Yes, that is the remains of a US angle head flashlight (torch).

?

very nice finds Beast!
    The P38 is the best one of course.
    Did you manage to clean and read the ID tag? which POW camp?

Hi, thanks for answering the info on the status of pistol when found.

You stated the Watches, US "Ka-Bar" style knife, POW tag were all found in the one spot in the depression pictured. What about these items being from a POW theory. It could be possible. Can you still read anything on the tag? There were POW camps in Germany, and you may be able to see if the camp was near where you found them.

Maybe just a stupid thought, but could be possible. Nice new relic pics you posted, thanks. I enjoyed them all.

Regards, Steve

Good description of destroyed, with pics to go along.

?

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Wow Erick...you've been holding out on me...
    Honestly Steve, none of the other forums seemed to be interested in digs. At least not to the same level as this forum! Other than showing these items at a few public displays, I really haven't messed with them much since 1989 when I brought them home.

?

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hi, thanks for answering the info on the status of pistol when found.

You stated the Watches, US "Ka-Bar" style knife, POW tag were all found in the one spot in the depression pictured. What about these items being from a POW theory. It could be possible. Can you still read anything on the tag? There were POW camps in Germany, and you may be able to see if the camp was near where you found them.

Maybe just a stupid thought, but could be possible. Nice new relic pics you posted, thanks. I enjoyed them all.

Regards, Steve
    Steve, Thanks for the kind words. The tag is a POW tag and is marked STALAG II along with the serial number. It is very hard to read, I had to wipe it with a wet cloth to bring the writing out.

?

Thanks to evryone for their interest in my finds. Here is one last item that I would like to share (at least for tonight). No matter what soldier from which army was holding this, I think it demonstrates the explosive, brute force and devastation that these weapons can produce.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first finds (well, 20 years ago)   My first finds (well, 20 years ago)  

Poor soldier....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast