Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My first (and only) find

Article about: i dont know how often you find a german badge, but i found this in a place i wasnt supposed to be outside berlin last year i like it a lot.

Default My first (and only) find

i dont know how often you find a german badge, but i found this in a place i wasnt supposed to be outside berlin last year

i like it a lot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first (and only) find   My first (and only) find  

My first (and only) find   My first (and only) find  

Default Re: My first (and only) find

Was it just laying on the ground or did you have to dig? Most of my "finds" are from flea markets I know Berlin fairly well and have picked up some nice items there but only in the open air market. Nice to see. Thanks, John

yes i dug it, just outside frohnau near stolper heide.
    it was actually in the basement of a house and completely accidental. i was working with my uncle on a pre-1945 house, and the basement had no floor, it was just hard ground. we were about to fill it with concrete but as we dug out the dirt to level it up i noticed it sticking out and i was completely dumbfounded. lol my uncle had no clue what it was.

considering the people who lived there were filthy rich anyway and had bought the house just a couple months earlier, plus the fact that they werent home, i figured they wouldnt be missing it : ) but i guess now i do feel kinda bad. i guess its karma though, because i stepped on a rusty nail a couple days before and the douche refused to give me any kind of antiseptic when i asked him politely. he was actually quite rude about it.

Nice find and "pick up". You saved it from being encased in cement. Enjoy it. John

Nice find.

When you lay the concrete, leave a couple of nails poking out and let the miserable sod see how it feels !

Steve T