Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

MY first post, it won't be my last!

Article about: Thanks Jerry I got a little excited when I thought it was '50' as this would have been something to do with the gunnery/turret system

Default Re: MY first post, it won't be my last!

i've had my I.P, provider on line there looking into it?????

After all of the above, perhaps i'll just have to open another bottle of red, theres no offence taken at all guys.

Now lets all have fun boys, the comments are all taken in jest.

Steve, i'd look forward to covering a few different areas of the site we've PM'd about and Martin, you're closer than you think, I work in Grantham mate and there a few sites i'd like to cover between there and Lincoln.

?

I was based at the TA centre at Grantham during the miners strike, good fun up there, loads of money, but hard work, i actually lost two stone over a month but it did make me pretty ill when i returned home

WOW !

All that from one little humorous remark.

On a more positive note, I've had another look at the brass thingy and would like to confirm I am unable to identify it. My apologies but even I don't know everything.......nearly......but not.

Steve T

Quote by Jerry Wright View Post
    Steve, i'd look forward to covering a few different areas of the site we've PM'd about
    Well there are 2 of the communal sites that I have never been to, (the ones closer to the base itself). I did go looking for one of them at one point but couldn't find it. It must be there somewhere ! Two more have disappeared forever, obliterated by modern works and developments, and there's one that is inside a fenced off area, although I know where to find the land owner

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Well there are 2 of the communal sites that I have never been to, (the ones closer to the base itself). I did go looking for one of them at one point but couldn't find it. It must be there somewhere ! Two more have disappeared forever, obliterated by modern works and developments, and there's one that is inside a fenced off area, although I know where to find the land owner

Steve T
    The one inside the green fencing is completely gone that was site 6, theres the other 8 to work on.

Also an unscheduled detour did'nt yield much apart from parts from a May Queen Stove and a Dettol Bottle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MY first post, it won't be my last!  

Quote by Jerry Wright View Post
    The one inside the green fencing is completely gone that was site 6, theres the other 8 to work on.
    Well two others are gone, both within the boundary of the 'workings' next to the base. There are 5 in the same area as the main mess hut and theatre site, and one more up from the workings. That's the one I couldn't find so is the best bet.

Steve T

The stove "built"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MY first post, it won't be my last!  

Another recent find.

I've got three of the ash cover doors from those stoves in my 'nice finds but not for display' box. Want one to add to your stove ?

Nice mounting ring. Scrub it up a bit see if there are any aircraft makers marks on it

Steve T

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast