Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My great uncles final resting place.

Article about: Thanks to War Relics member jma, I now have photo's of my great uncle Jays grave marker at Nomandy. He sent me 11 different pictures, and I appreciate it very much.

Default Re: My great uncles final resting place.

A Fine Gesture on Both Accounts.
    Regards Mike

I agree with all , great comradship , cheers Raymond

Rick
    ?

Well done jma a nice thought.

Rick

Group hug.

jma great gesture reaching out to someone half way around the world.
    After reading through this post I googled 358th fg and the first hit led to another forum armyairforces.com and I found this:
    Hi Joel,
    Your great uncle " HERKY"was shot down near the little village of Saint-Denis du Béhélan, between Breteuil and Conches. I and members of our association "Forced Landing" have located the crash site in a forest, and after investigation have discovered some parts of his P-47.
    On september 2000, we have organized a ceremony with dedication plaque in his memory. 3 of his brothers and a sister made the trip to attend the ceremony.
    Jean-Luc

Yes, Jean-Luc from the "Forced Landing Association" in France was the guy who discovered my great uncles crash site in 1999. They held a ceremony for my great uncle in 2000 and 3 of my great uncles brothers and his sister flew over to France to attend. My grandpa was unable to attend due to being recently released from an extended stay at a hospital. Anyways, Jean-Luc shipped pretty much everything he had in regards to my great uncle to me several months ago. Inside the box he shipped to me were a dozen or so aircraft parts from my great uncles P-47 as well as photos, newspaper clippings, and everything in between. I offered to pay for the items as well as pay for the cost of shipping the items to the states, but he never once asked for a single penny. It was an extremely nice thing he did for me.

Hey, Joel do you remember the WW2incolor forum ? about your Great- Uncle.Well I posted a picture there of your Great-Uncle's resting place in Normandy so they could see that your story wasn't bogus like they were trying to say.Nobody has made a comment since I posted it a week ago...

Quote by rudeerude View Post
    Hey, Joel do you remember the WW2incolor forum ? about your Great- Uncle.Well I posted a picture there of your Great-Uncle's resting place in Normandy so they could see that your story wasn't bogus like they were trying to say.Nobody has made a comment since I posted it a week ago...
    Yes, I do remember posting my story on the WW2incolor forum. I have not been back to that site due to the horrible members of that particular site. They basically all called me a liar from the very start and accused me of stealing information off the web and making up the entire story. I have no interest in being a member of a site that is filled with so many hateful and disrespectful members. They all spit in my face as well as spit in the face of my great uncle. I will never return to that site.

Great to see, my great uncle was a spit pilot who died in 1945, and is buried in Kirkee cemetary in India, and so far none of us has been able to visit him.Would love to have pictures to show, you are so lucky.
    cheers
    jon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2