Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

My 'little' site in Oxford

Article about: Cant wait to see.....

Default Re: My 'little' site in Oxford

Thanks for sharing DM. All the coins are really good condition. Love the George the 3rd coins, Is that a Victorain florin and a Halfcrown in the top right?

Heres my cartwheel coin i found 3 years ago. hope to find a better one some day

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 'little' site in Oxford  

The top two silver ones are 1898 Florin and a shilling about the same year also. I'm still waiting for the half crown and crowns to turn up... I'm sure they will soon enough! Everything is on my site some where... I'm sure of it

I need to have a sort through the rest of the coins. Loads of little farthings! I know that much for sure.

To give you and idea of the cartridges I bring home from this place! Another photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 'little' site in Oxford  

Just a couple then......

Pity they're in mud.....always in bad condition when they have been lying in mud for 65 years

Steve T

?

A beginners finds!

grenade parts

shrapnel ball? musket ball? both?

?

Thats interesting, in one of the photos above...just below a mills base plug, you have an American "Pineapple" fuse.

Dean

Indeed....very interesting. Definitely an American Pineapple nade fuse. You also have the remains of an M1 carbine .30cal cartridge and a bullet from the same.

Seems the Americans may have used your range as well !

Steve T

I ID'ed that as a nade fuse when Jay found it. But, no idea that it was US... bloody odd site this one.

I found an M1 carbine cartridge before. We both got a head that day Or i think we did, as its a perfect fit for a 9mm round

DM

?

The US-style fuze was also used on some late-WWII British grenades, No.80 WP for instance.

I'll have to dig out my references.

PB

Would make sense, although I have found a few bits of US gear... Just a teasingly small amount though.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast