Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

My 'little' site in Oxford

Article about: Cant wait to see.....

?

Default Re: My 'little' site in Oxford

Quick check indicates it's not a British "Striker Mechanism No.2", but is indeed a US "M-10 Igniting Fuze".

PB

Woooohoooo oh no wait... I didn't find it pah!

?

I love all types of Grens...guess thats why I have over 150 of them just bought 6 No 5s and 4 No 23s.

Dean

?

Interesting stuff! Looks like the yanks were there then ! That would explain the 1941 half dollar you found on sunday dan! cant wait to get back over there ! however a weekend "hunting " in flanders this weekend comes first!

Yeah, I can't wait either. Sadly I don't have Flanders with weekend. But, maybe... just maybe, I might be able to get up there on Sunday on my own. If not, then the weekend after.

Here ya go.....picture of one of my American pineapples, this one picked up at a church jumble sale for £2, (it was screwed to a wooden board with 'Complaints dept. Please take a number' on the board and a number 'ONE' hanging from the ring.....most humorous ).

In the photo I have unscrewed the fuse so you can see it.

Hope that helps.

Steve T
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 'little' site in Oxford   My 'little' site in Oxford  

?

Steve,

As with most of these novelty items your grenade has been made up of surplus parts, notably the 1971-onwards M228 practice grenade fuze (4-5 sec delay).
    Is the body marked RFX by any chance?

All the best,
    PB

It certainly is PB I knew it was a replica when I bought it. The body join is quite visible and the base is incomplete. Still nice though for a couple of quid

Steve T

?

This has become a good long thread..it's nice being able to help Members with their finds.
    Please keep posting photos of your finds from this area....wish I could hunt a place like that

Anyway, I am off to London England for the first time on Friday!!!
    Looking forward to seeing the Museums..and hope to hit the Sat Military fair at Camden Market on Feb 5th...just 2 1/2 days away!!!!

Dean

As for the Lead balls the one in the middle is a musket ball and to the two to the side look like shrapnel balls

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast