Article about: Cant wait to see.....

Default Re: My 'little' site in Oxford

At last heres my morsel's .

.303, 9 mil and bullets.

My 'little' site in Oxford

Grenade relics.

A recognisable piece of casing.

A selection of bell ends and one filler cap.

Several internal mech springs etc.

My selection of base nuts, the best find for me is the all steel version, sadly very rusted but I've never seen one before

Close up to compare with the more common style, notice that the steel version is deeper.

I found three tent pegs during the day, all of the same style but this was the best so I kept it.

The fin of what is believed to be an anti tank grenade?, notice it still has traces of the original paint a sandy yellow colour.

A press stud cleat, nicely marked

When found this was quickly identified as a 'THING' but perhaps someone can be a bit more specific?

one more find will follow.

LUCKYSTRIKE

An old pen knife thats seen better days

Cheers
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Nice,glad someone else found a bit of nade body work I love the US lift the dot webbing tab. Another bit of US gear.

Weird base nut!

Good ol' 9mm's

DM

I love the nade springs

The No. 68 fin is great as well No idea what the thing is. But it is probably a thing.

Steve T

its interesting to note how many of those springs you found with a proper MD. I have two and have been up there so many times!

DM

P.S. Has anyone heard from Jay? Are we digging on Sunday Jay, if you see this?

DM,
    I think it was just luck, those springs gave me a big signal and if you compare them to the small signal you will have got for all those little silver coins you've had from there Im sure you'll get more soon. Not heard from Jay since the dig I hope all is well. If you go on Sunday good luck mate already looking forward to seeing the heaps of finds
    LS

Ha ha ha 'Big signal' 'Small signal' remember that my fisher price thing is a basic as "beep beep" for good stuff and "BLARP BLARP" for iron and I have the iron noise turned off. Apart from that, I never really have any idea what its gonna be until I dig it up.

Jay phoned me today. He is all well and good, just no internet still. Apart from briefly checking this at work. We are going to look at the near by firing wall tomorrow. To see whats there on the airfield.

Will let you know what the results are.

DM

?

Hi there,wondering if the thing is a gas checkplate for a No36...

well Jay and I popped up my little site today and headed out in a slightly different direction to normal and after 5 mins I got a 1939 half crown! That made my day... if I had only found .303 the rest of the day I would have been happy... at the moment I could never imagine what we were about to find Jay wanted a break so he sat down and I said I would detect around him. I had a weird signal and started digging... the hole just got deeper and deeper and I was getting nothing.. Jay looking over got intrigued at me finding nothing and came to assist. Then this!

My 'little' site in OxfordMy 'little' site in Oxford

I couldn't wait to get home and clean and super glue!

My 'little' site in OxfordMy 'little' site in OxfordMy 'little' site in OxfordMy 'little' site in OxfordMy 'little' site in OxfordMy 'little' site in OxfordMy 'little' site in Oxford

but the swearing started! I had no super glue

So the pink hair band will have to hold that one together for a bit longer...

Mouse

Not a pigtail in sight! Let me know if you need a hand - can do next Sunday if you fancy. Billers

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast