Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

From Narva all the way to Australia

Article about: by Paul E Boriss is a nice guy and great to deal with but he is not a digger himself , he buys all his relic stuff from other diggers in Narva , Kurland , Russia etc etc but all his e bay st

Default Re: From Narva all the way to Australia

There are a couple more Perthies around the place to

Relics are a good place to start though as usually they are not to expensive and they are genuine pieces from the battlefield. People feel differently about all kinds of militaria, and I even find some thing alittle freaking and would not have in my collection. As you said though its all history, and tells a story of what happened 70 odd years ago.

Jason

Cool lid! I am a fan of relics and pristine items. Relics do have that been there, done that aura though! I really wonder why the prices of relics have been jacked through the roof in the past 6 months? A year ago, I'd get a lid like this for $35 U.S., including shipping. Now, sadly, I see dudes in Europe charging $50 just for shipping!!! What's the deal with that? At every show I'm told that the market is currently down and get sick deals on near-mint items.

?

My my....looks like its been hit with a claymore!!!!

In my early days in the Army, we had a dead eastern grey roo on the range....Platoon staff thought it would be a good training opportunity to prop the 6ft skippy up and place a Australian issue M1 on its head, then demonstrate a claymore.....skippy was destroyed,nthe M1 looked a little like your helmet!!!

"what's the matter skip.....claymore at 3 meters???"

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    The book you really need to buy for a complete History of the Narva fighting is Tragedy of the Faithful by Wilhelm Tieke it's the bible for these Battles. The Narva fighting went on for nearly 9 months and featured primarily SS Units of III SS Panzerkorps but also many veteran ArmeeGruppe Nord Divisons of the Heer , 11 ID ,61 ID,170 ID , 225ID,227 ID etc. If you search through this section you will find quite a few threads about mine and other diggers expeditions into the Auwere Bridgehead and other areas of the Narva Front !!

Cheers

Paul

Was the lid from RussianHeritage ?
    Anybody know the original title of the Tieke book?
    I prefer to read in the original language when ever possible...

?

My god.....the Perth clique is growing!!!!!

It's ok, I'll hold up the Eastern Sea board end!!

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Anybody know the original title of the Tieke book?
    I prefer to read in the original language when ever possible...
    Tragodie um die Treue !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

By the way guys Australia has been to Narva and the Auwere as well , my good mate from Perth has been in the forest with us 3 times and is coming over again in October !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    Cool lid! I am a fan of relics and pristine items. Relics do have that been there, done that aura though! I really wonder why the prices of relics have been jacked through the roof in the past 6 months? A year ago, I'd get a lid like this for $35 U.S., including shipping. Now, sadly, I see dudes in Europe charging $50 just for shipping!!! What's the deal with that? At every show I'm told that the market is currently down and get sick deals on near-mint items.
    Yeah i sit there and can only image who this helmet was issued to and what storys it could tell and what happend to the poor bloke who owned it.
    I was happy with the price i got it for $90usd and freight from estonia was only $30. Boriss did really good and helped me all the way through. Highly recomend him

- - Updated - -

Quote by AMTG View Post
    My my....looks like its been hit with a claymore!!!!

In my early days in the Army, we had a dead eastern grey roo on the range....Platoon staff thought it would be a good training opportunity to prop the 6ft skippy up and place a Australian issue M1 on its head, then demonstrate a claymore.....skippy was destroyed,nthe M1 looked a little like your helmet!!!

"what's the matter skip.....claymore at 3 meters???"
    hahaha i could only imagine what the roo would of looked like haha!!

?

It rained kangaroo!

Quote by Paul E View Post
    By the way guys Australia has been to Narva and the Auwere as well , my good mate from Perth has been in the forest with us 3 times and is coming over again in October !!

Im very interested to come to Narva. Im planning a trip to Europe in a couple yrs, doing UK, Germany, and hopefully Auschwitz.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast