Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

From Narva all the way to Australia

Article about: by Paul E Boriss is a nice guy and great to deal with but he is not a digger himself , he buys all his relic stuff from other diggers in Narva , Kurland , Russia etc etc but all his e bay st

Default Re: From Narva all the way to Australia

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Boriss is a nice guy and great to deal with but he is not a digger himself , he buys all his relic stuff from other diggers in Narva , Kurland , Russia etc etc but all his e bay stuff is advertised as being from Narva i think he cannot be bothered to change his advert for different things or maybe he can't remember where things have come from originally !!
    Yeah i really enjoyed dealing with Boriss, great guy. Yeah im not fussed where it came from as long as its the real deal and real damage. I have taken a real close look and the damage looks to that time period which im happy with

?

You can still come to the Narva Front Marc and if you want a Helmet that's 100% from the Auwere let me know i've got lots of them !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks mate, yeah i would love to come I may be interested on more battle damaged helmets

- - Updated - -

One thing im looking for is "ss" marked used bullet shells. Anyone know where i may get some?

Can anyone tell me the best way to look after this helmet. Do you guys use a light oil on them to stop any further rusting?

HI Marc,

Don't put anything on it is my opinion.
    I have sprayed matte clear acrylic on "flakers" ( helmets that shed rust bits no matter what you do ) and some on the forum say to use renaissance wax ( but thats a bugger to remove if you don't like the outcome ) but really, most helmets are perfectly good left as is in a cabinet or a dry place.

Boriss would have already cleaned it up from the dirt & gunk ( that's what he does, bless him ) so just leave as it is........
    Cheers from the east coast, Dan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4