Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Nazi War Diggers back again !!

Article about: Sadly after all the furore around the horrendous Nazi war Diggers programme two years ago featuring Craig Gottleib and our former modereator Steve T that led to the show being withdrawn by N

If they had any brains, they would cut themselves loose from any ties to "that phony Idiot" and maybe Then they would have a chance of success....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Richard_J View Post
    How can you say that, you haven't seen the full episode/series so have no idea what is shown! All the relevant local & government authorities were involved with the production.
    So instead of slating something, perhaps watch the full episode and then decide.
    I do not need to see a full show to make a decision about watching it. The disrespect shown to the remains of another human being is enough to disgust me. The show is for exploitation and corporate profit. If you wish to help glorify this form of disrespect to the dead, that is your choice. Do not critic those of us who have already seen more than enough to make our own decision.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by Richard_J View Post
    Without seeing the program you are all unable to comment on how the remains are treated. As for its previous name that was chosen by the channel, and something that was out of the control of the presenters.
    In fact the witch hunt by people on this forum who Steve obviously thought were his friends and who would realise that he would never be involve with anything that was any way illegal or disrespectful is shameful.
    Our collective hearts bleed while we tear out our hair and gnash our teeth in remorse.

?

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Richard unfortunately the original trailers for the programme were the reason for the International condemnation of this programme , so we have seen what they intended to portray, showing disrespect for human remains and Archaeological procedure led to an outcry across the world , not just on this forum.

There was no witch hunt at all , the programme and presenters condemned themselves i'm afraid. The programme was disrespectful to the fallen and unfortunately for Steve as a presenter he was involved in that.
    Fame and stardom is a fleeting thing that can leave a person hollow and alone.

-------------------------------------- OR -----------------------------

-----------------When you sleep with Dogs you get Fleas.------------------

I think these should highlight a few reasons why people might not be happy with this production:

https://youtu.be/KbWoTJ9fQ8Y?t=7m15s

Backhoe excavation: https://youtu.be/KbWoTJ9fQ8Y?t=31m37s

Handling of remains:
    https://youtu.be/JQOG0r2paVA?t=2m18s

Quote by avenger View Post
    I think these should highlight a few reasons why people might not be happy with this production:

https://youtu.be/KbWoTJ9fQ8Y?t=7m15s

Backhoe excavation: https://youtu.be/KbWoTJ9fQ8Y?t=31m37s

Handling of remains:
    https://youtu.be/JQOG0r2paVA?t=2m18s
    Thanks Scott, The first two links are blocked in the U.K., but the last one is very interesting and shows the concerns of professional archaeologists in this country to the programme being resurrected by Channel 5 for viewing here on the Saturday the 9th of January at the peak viewing time of 9 p.m. The contact details for complaints to C5 and Ofcom are given for those who may wish to vent on this risible programme.

Here's the link repeated again in case U.K. members have a problem getting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQOG...utu.be&t=2m18s

And the Channel 5 customer services contact details if anyone would care to complain.

customerservices@channel5.com Telephone: 020 8612 7700 or 03457 05 05 05

Or better still, the regulating authority Ofcom:

TV, Radio & On Demand complaints | Ofcom

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQOG...utu.be&t=2m18s

Richard if you haven't see this you need to watch it and then let us know if you think that human remains should be treated in this amateurish , unprofessional and disrespectful way ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

This is indeed an encouraging thread for any guest who looks in to see what we "militaria freaks" are upto and reads the majority of the comments above thus learning for himself that we are mostly genuine individuals with a real fascination for the subject, a desire to educate others and to preserve the history that is so crucial to our future. That guest will see that we are not morbid wannabees and treasure hunters but have serious intention and real ethics.

As for the issue of this so called "journalism", I have no knowledge of Steve T and therefore no axe to grind. Maybe he has just made a bad decision here but that would be enough for me to take a certain view. I have however seen enough of "wee Craig" the expert ( we had a saying in the mob about experts, an ex is a has-been and a spurt is a drip under pressure ) to last me a life time. The man is a total C**k and if we let him will get us all tarred with the same brush. Most of us will have seen him giving great advice on Pawn Stars another hilarious comedy show.
    I for one have no intention of even watching the trailers let alone the show whatever stupid name it sails under. As for the "virgin" shovel, I expect that was a trick he learned when he was "in the service"! I still have my old "shovel infantry lightweight" and even with the regular repaints it underwent the red oxide paint is worn away never mind the green topcoat!! Craig is a genius we should learn from him

Regards

Mark

Quote by CBH View Post
    With Rupert Murdock now owning NGO , I figure the bad programming has just begun ! I fine magazine and OK TV channel , now in the hands of FOX News ! I'm sure it will be all garbage in no time . Right Wing propaganda and nothing more .
    I felt really bad for Steve and the way things turned out . And I too don't see the big difference in digging with or without TV cameras .
    I agree re TV and that Steve T has been unfortunate but I do wonder about a serious collector getting involved in this.

Also it isn't the digging, archaeology will always involve digging, it is the motive means and general modus operandi.

I hope that makes sense.

Mark

Quote by big ned View Post
    The programme was catastrophic for Steve T. He had to go into the National Geographic Presenters Protection Scheme and was last heard of as eking out an existence as "Janet T", an organist in a Spiritualist church reputedly out in the wilds of the west country.

Attachment 920866
    Harsh Ned...but fair

Mark

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast