Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need help IDing some kind of button/stud

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Rob, I know where you are coming from. I am not 100% convinced that is what we have here yet. Cheers, Ade. OK, good, 'cos i thought I was going mad. So here's a good e

Default Re: Need help IDing some kind of button/stud

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Rob, I know where you are coming from.

I am not 100% convinced that is what we have here yet.

Cheers, Ade.
    OK, good, 'cos i thought I was going mad. So here's a good example. This is a map case (private purchase i think) that was used by a WW2 Royal Artillery officer, presumably for leading an O-Group as it has all the headings you are supposed to cover in Orders for Deployment of a Field Regt written inside the cover (not all the protractors should be there, its just a good flat place to store them).

The main pop-studs that hold it closed look almost exactly like the one above:

and the female part look like this:

Need help IDing some kind of button/studNeed help IDing some kind of button/stud

Rob

PS almost forgot.. it's half an inch wide...

( Ade, you have shown a side panel or windshield stud, but it was
    a 1/2 door curtain stud socket I was thinking of originally: )

HOWEVER - I think Rob has nailed it.........!

The one on his map case looks exactly
    like the one first posted.
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 11-18-2011 at 02:07 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Steve, I was thinking of the half doors, but could not find an image. My Jeep half doors are packed away under the stairs and to empty that out is too much of a task

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Rob yes THAT'S my stud!! Excellent work.
    I hoped someone out there might have something similar in his posession and I was right.
    I understand that it is not necesseraly off a map case but for sure it fits the time frame.

I knew it was a good idea to be part of this "circle of experts"!

Thank you all very much.

Quote by panic View Post
    Rob yes THAT'S my stud!! Excellent work.
    I hoped someone out there might have something similar in his posession and I was right.
    I understand that it is not necesseraly off a map case but for sure it fits the time frame.

I knew it was a good idea to be part of this "circle of experts"!

Thank you all very much.
    Glad I could help. This type of fastener is very generic, I had a look through my collection and found similar fasteners of various sizes on map cases, WWI and II stationery (document folders, binders), a British WWI signalling lamp box, a WWI officer's 'Sam Browne" haversack etc. So yes they seem to be common in the first half of the 20th Century, so it would fit for something like a German WWII officer's map case or document wallet that might be in a bunker for sure, but would be just as likely to be from a ladies handbag... really hard to say.

Rob

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, I was thinking of the half doors, but could not find an image. My Jeep half doors are packed away under the stairs and to empty that out is too much of a task Cheers, Ade.
    Lol, I couldn't find a photo of them either.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2