Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

new airfield dump found

Article about: Thanks Steve

Default Re: new airfield dump found

Well i hope you all had a great Christmas? Here are a few more finds from the airfield.I chose the bend in the track that goes to the dump,thinking some things may have fallen off the trailer on the way.Just a thought
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture new airfield dump found   new airfield dump found  

new airfield dump found   new airfield dump found  

Last edited by cornishboy; 12-28-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Nice one mate, im glad to got out for a bit, even more pleased you have started to take 'in-ground' shots

John

Thanks John Soon i'll be videoing everything and posting it on youtube.........dont worry SteveT im only joking

Cornishboy,
    You're getting some great finds from your site and Im certain it still has plenty left to give up. It's great to see when you've up dated your thread with your next batch of relic's, I always enjoy seeing what you've recovered. I think the plug could well be aircraft electrical system sometimes they're marked with an AM code.
    Roll on your next visit.
    Cheers
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Iv given the plugs a good clean.only stamps visible are '660 PLUG' no AM markings unfortunately. I thought id add this cut up case as you can see where it has been gripped by a vice.new airfield dump found
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture new airfield dump found  

Blimey ! They had that in the vice rather strongly didn't they. Takes some force to flatten he base of a 50cal like that.

I like the plug......a nice little find

Steve T

PS Just seen your post about videoing stuff. Go for it ! I really enjoy making little films and posting them up. Mind you, I have heard you like digging in the nuddy so please be careful of your camera angles.

PPS Is that the cap to the plug (main picture.....just to the right of the plug itself). It seems to be the same size and shape. Maybe that has AM markings on it ?

?

Good advice from "Peter Jackson, Lord of the Digs", but if you want to VT in the nuddy you go for it only dont pan downwards, especially on zoom, its disappointing when you zoom back

Quote by davejb View Post
    ........... dont pan downwards, especially on zoom, its disappointing when you zoom back
    Dave 'the worm' jb speaks from experience. You'll do well to listen to him.

?

Not experience, common sense, im not that narciss, narcys, narcc, im not that vain !!!!

These few cleaned up well
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture new airfield dump found  

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast