Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New Britsh Army WW2 Site!

Article about: Hey all, Yesterday (saturday) I visited a British WW2 site, and oh was it great!!! It was nicely tucked away, and I probably would never of found it had it not been for a reliable tip off fr

Default Re: New Britsh Army WW2 Site!

Ey up Steve,

How the ruddy hell did you know the strip was a .30 cal version??? Spot on though mate.... just tried it with the one .30 cal cartridge I found, and it fits perfectly!! Unfortunatly I'm now completely bamboozled!!!

The coins are not WW2 dated sadly. The six pence is dated 56, and the 3 two shilling coins are dated 61, 65 and 66.

Yeah I got your email mate!

Aaahhhhh !

Be patient my young apprentice......you too shall soon learn the ways of the force !

***theatrical music plays in the background***

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Aaahhhhh !

Be patient my young apprentice......you too shall soon learn the ways of the force !

***theatrical music plays in the background***
    Haaaaaaaaaaahahaha!!!

Reg
    ?

Oh....and yes, the 12 bore cases are post war. You will, over time, find tons of the bloody things. I always dig them up and take them home purely so I don't find them again

Chuck 'em in the bin mate ! You WILL be sick of the sight of them in the next few months.

I once met a particularly grumpy detectorist whilst out shooting ......understand his reasons now! was it you Steve?

P.S Home guard used .30 Cal for the P17 with the red bands painted round the butt to signify the different calibre....just a thought!

Reg

Reg
    ?

Sorry Blackpowder, just read your post earler re the .30 cal

Quote by Reg View Post
    I once met a particularly grumpy detectorist whilst out shooting ......understand his reasons now! was it you Steve?

Nope....not me Reg. You'd have known if it was me quite easily due to the large number of shotgun cartridges that would have been inserted into one of your bodily orifices.

Steve T

PS Thanks for the info on the P17

Nope....not me Reg. You'd have known if it was me quite easily due to the large number of shotgun cartridges that would have been inserted into one of your bodily orifices.

Steve T

PS Thanks for the info on the P17
    Hahahaha!! Just the one orifice Steve?

Those shotgun cartridges have been niggling me for days. The rim has dimples around it and I have spent a lifetime using shotguns and this rim is not normal.I remember using some shotgun tracer shells many years ago. Great fun to see where you were missing the clays. I may be talking b****** but I think that they had this type of rim so that you could tell the difference between a tracer shell and a conventional one. We know that air gunners were trained by shooting at clays, maybe the army also. John.

davekane
    ?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I've been metal detecting on my local beach. On sunday I found a brass/copper? plug it has no markings but the end has holes like some of the items you were displaying exept that the plug I found has a screw thread down part of it. There is a picture of it lying on it's side on my website and like I say the top has little holes like the ones in the items you found I think yours were hand grenade plugs the link for my picture is in my signature. It's on the left of the picture above a key. Thanks for any help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Britsh Army WW2 Site!  

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. Your pic is showing up fine.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2