Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New interesting find in Narwa region

Article about: officers bag-map case was founded with the remains of body. Inside was a numerous medals, marks and even one red star order. I think this officer took those medlas from his dead soldiers, bu

?

Default New interesting find in Narwa region

officers bag-map case was founded with the remains of body. Inside was a numerous medals, marks and even one red star order.
    I think this officer took those medlas from his dead soldiers, but otherwise was also killed by mortar barrage.

For last year it's a third time where in Narwa region were founded too many medals and marks for one time.
    Last autumn one local diger found about 15 silver orders (red banner, red cross, orders of glory and orders of patriotik war) Most part of orders were damaged by explosion, near was a big shell crater.
    In the winter one guy founded a numerous german wounded badges third class. About a 3 kilograms.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New interesting find in Narwa region   New interesting find in Narwa region  

Default Re: New interesting find in Narwa region

Very interesting find!

Will the medals with serial numbers now be researched to discover who they belonged to? It would be great to find out.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yes it's possible. When we will know (may be) the results i will post the names and a history of those soldiers.

I can't believe my eyes. This is the ultimate find for a militaria searcher! What about the body that was found next to the medals? Can he be identified?

Looks like the trip was a great success Gurov , you lucky buggas , you just never know whats going to come up next , just goes to show theres still alot of untouched ground still there i think , any more photos , cheers mate Raymond

?

Great finds , what type of medals / awards are they ??

regards

Paul

?

Quote by Americanheadcharge View Post
    I can't believe my eyes. This is the ultimate find for a militaria searcher! What about the body that was found next to the medals? Can he be identified?
    I'm afraid it's a long story, because there wasn't some individual things with that officer, only a couple of bones and a map bag with medals. it was a big explosion which totaly destroyed the body

Hello Raymond, that's a pity but this find is not ours. My last dig 2 weeks ago was very lucky for me, but not so interesting as this one.
    Last edited by gurov; 06-23-2008 at 10:13 AM.

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Great finds , what type of medals / awards are they ??

regards

Paul
    Medals are "for the bravery" and "For distinguished service in battle". It's mostly soldiers medals. One "order of Glory " and a one badge of "good mortar crew man".

?

Thanks mate !

regards

Paul