Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Normandy boot knife.

Article about: by ehawk Hello Chris, it is a german issue fighting/boot knife. I have one like it my dad brought back from the war. I did research on mine and it was noted that they were sometimes used by

Default Re: Normandy boot knife.

Quote by ehawk View Post
    Hello Chris, it is a german issue fighting/boot knife. I have one like it my dad brought back from the war. I did research on mine and it was noted that they were sometimes used by the wehrmacht or by a pilot but were especially favored by the SS. They are quite rare and one in good condition I seen was for sale for $700.00! They originally had wooden grips and didnt look to be a high quality knife so I was shocked at my findings! I googled "WW2 german bootknife/fighting knife and a couple and some info popped up. Regards....Edwin
    Would you have any pictures of this model.

?

Hi Chris, I will get a couple of pics of mine loaded up and on here soon so you can see it...
    Regards Edwin

Quote by ehawk View Post
    Hi Chris, I will get a couple of pics of mine loaded up and on here soon so you can see it...
    Regards Edwin

Thank you Edwin.

?

/IMG]

?

Smile Re: Normandy boot knife.

Normandy boot knife.

Here's what I believe to be the same knife. This ones was brought back and captured by my dad. Its has been "trench art-ed" with german airplane glass by my dad and the gal in the photo is my mom

?

Normandy boot knife.

Originally on of the tangs was bent slightly as yours but was staightened. The bach side of the scabbard has bootclips.

Very nice knife,It does look like the one I found.Thank you for showing it.

?

your welcome chris I hope this helps. Ive added a link with a fine example of one and tells all about it...Cheers EdwinWWII GERMAN DAGGERS AND KNIVES PRICE GUIDE - MilitaryItems.com

Quote by ehawk View Post
    your welcome chris I hope this helps. Ive added a link with a fine example of one and tells all about it...Cheers EdwinWWII GERMAN DAGGERS AND KNIVES PRICE GUIDE - MilitaryItems.com
    The only difference with the one I found is the handle is not wood but some type of medal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2