Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Normandy relics

Article about: Many Thanks for the replys, i will make the resturant a definate lunch stop.

?

Default Re: Normandy relics

Why would i want to "take care" when what i write is correct? You obviously don't have a clue about digging regulations in my country, that you dig in. I would never have given you a "hard" time here, have you not claimed it to be legal. It's not legal. Graves or no graves. Only place one legally can can dig without permission in Denmark is ones own garden. I will take this once again.... You need permission to dig EVERYWHERE in Denmark, either from landowners or official permission. Beaches included, because ALL land in Denmark is owned either by a private person or the state. Very f...... simple. So don't come here telling it's legal and night in summer is like daylight, that you just don't like people to watch and so on. I have posted the regulations of digging in Denmark earlier made by The Cultural Heritage Board. Read them if you are able to do so.

yes iam english ha ha ha go to dig man take care of you man

?

Don't make me laugh. Don't even understand what you wrote in your last post "mate". I have said what needs to be said in this thread. Back on track with Normandy relics.

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Paul E. Maybe i wrote something incorrect or you misunderstood . It's not legal to dig in public parks without permission. We have in DK cemeteries which is also public parks. The place this guy is digging is a public park and at the same time museum property. To dig this site one will have to be in a official archaeological team.
    Datrus i understood you mate about it's not legal to dig in public parks in Denmark , i thought this was odd at the time it was posted by Stalingrad shadow but forgot to point it out at the time !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by stalingradshadow View Post
    HEY PLEASE YOU MUST TAKE CARE OF YOU I SAID I DIG NEAR HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEARRRRRRRRRR HELOOOOOOOOOOONEAR AGAIN HIRTSHALS AND YOU VIKING HAVE SOMETHING WITH ME STAY AWAY FROM ME,,,, AND I WRITE PUBLIC PARK WHEN THE PEOPLE SPEND TIME,,, NO GRAVES ,,,,THIS DOG TAG FIND IN THE MIDLE OF THE PUBLIC PARK NO cemeteries SHAME ON YOU YOU DONT NOTHING TO DO JUST TO TAKE CARE OF ME WELL GO AND DIG LOOK WHAT AT FIND YESTERDAY IN THE PUBLIC PARK datrus from russia
    Stalingrad Shadow it appears from what Datrus has pointed out to you that digging in public parks whether they have a cemetery in them or not is clearly illegal as it would be in any country i can't see any country that would allow people to metal detect and dig up a public park !! Datrus has given good advice re the laws in Denmark so i can only suggest you follow this advice.

Please also be a bit more courteous with your comments , attitude and insults are not welcome here .

This is a thread about Normandy relics so perhaps we can just continue with that , if you want a Denmark relics thread then start a seperate one.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by stalingradshadow View Post
    yes iam english ha ha ha go to dig man take care of you man

It is Latvia, a bit far from Normandy, Eastern Front.

?

Nice finds ! Thanks for showing

?

Quote by Private Snafu View Post
    Actually you can find a some ww2 relics in Sweden. Quite a few planes from the allies and axis crashed in sweden. Most of the wrecks are scrapped. A Lancaster from 617 squadron crashed in northern sweden after a bombing mission to Tirpitz. That plane still resides on the crashsite. We also have many planes that sunk in swedish waters. Outside gotland a B17 lies on about 40 meters. And not far from me a Heinkel 111 h20 went down.
    On an island not far from me the swedish army blow up more than a few Capronis on a shooting range.

However this is not the traditional relics discussed on this forum.

As an OT anecdote. Sweden also had one Köningstiger. What happned to it? Guess ... Kablooom on a shooting range! I believe a Panther meet the same fate there.
    I actually have a photograph of that HE111 that my grandfather took in a hangar on Gotland in Fårösund during the war. (Or at least the tail.) The swedes mounted down the plane and sent it back in pieces to Germany on railroad. The airmen were also sent back in exchange of a Swedish crew that had emergency landed in Germany.

Normandy relics

hi , i live in France and go in to fields , forests , around bunkers , ect , i find more like this , and in better condition , as in the sand iron is completly rusted, but i try to stay hidden , not by any roads or in public places , usualy most areas are private , seems the world belongs to sombody else , will be going to normandie next week , i shall be metal detecting , but very early, or at night . hope i dont have any problems , i find it a great shame that historic finds have to stay in the ground to rot in to nothing , when it could be saved and loved !!!

Model40

So I take it from your post you dig illegally?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast