Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Norske Vikinger Paatocht

Article about: Hi guys, I like to share a weird insigna that I've found (a long time ago, far far away) in a german dumphole in the Arnhem region. Never found out what it exactly was, I think it has someth

Default Norske Vikinger Paa togt

Hi guys,

I like to share a weird insigna that I've found (a long time ago, far far away) in a german dumphole in the Arnhem region.
    Never found out what it exactly was, I think it has something to do with scouting.
    The silvermark on the back is Danish and from Ottesen & Sundstrøm - Copenhagen 1905 - 1937.

If anyone of you got more information I would would love to hear that.

Greetings from the Netherlands, Marinus

Norske Vikinger Paatocht Norske Vikinger Paatocht

Norske Vikinger Paatocht
    Last edited by marinus; 01-07-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Hi Marinus,

Never seen this before either, but the text says "Norwegian Wikings on Raid".

Cheers, Mads

Oooohh, but nice was it But me too have never seen this one before...!

Quote by Shadwellarmy View Post
    Hi Marinus,

Never seen this before either, but the text says "Norwegian Wikings on Raid".

Cheers, Mads
    Yep correct... The text says: "Norske Vikinger paa togt" = Norwegian Vikings on raid.

The word paa is spelled as it was spelled before 1948. After 1948 "aa" became "å" - they sound the same.

This fits well within the time frame 1905-1937.

It is a "civilian" brooch, and has no political and / or military significance.
    But I like it! It is very ornate

Perhaps it was a gift? bought as a memory of time spent in Norway / Denmark?