Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Now, I wonder...

Article about: I recently bought 3 new brushes, so I thought it was time to try them out: Here we have a part of a FW-190 A-3, most likely an engine part(If anyone can ID it, I will love you forever). This

Default Now, I wonder...

I recently bought 3 new brushes, so I thought it was time to try them out:

Here we have a part of a FW-190 A-3, most likely an engine part(If anyone can ID it, I will love you forever).

This was found about 80 meters away from the crash site, it dumped there after the war along with loads of other parts.

It was very corroded(Should have taken a picture before I cleaned it), but now there is barely any left.
    There are also some numbers on it, unfourtunately it had been broken off during the crash.

Now, I wonder...
    Now, I wonder...
    Now, I wonder...
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Default Re: Now, I wonder...

Then I decided to look for more parts to clean, and I discover another engine part, this one is very corroded and dirty since I found it at the crash site.

After cleaning I notice there are some numbers on it:

Now, I wonder...
    Now, I wonder...
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Looks like a drain plug of some sort. Maybe from a oil sump.

Now I wonder...

Could it be?

Now, I wonder...

Yes it could!
    It is the same part!

Imagine that, 2 parts, 80 meters apart and then put together after being seperated for +60 years.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

?

I think if I had the spare time it would make for an interesting project to see if you could possibly match anymore I wonder what the odds are.Makes for one hell of a jigsaw puzzle

Regards Mark K

?

A similar thing happened with a friend and I in Greece; we were looking for pottery amongst ruins in Corinth when we both reported back (from opposite sides) that we'd found part of a Roman lamp. Lo and behold, they fitted together! Would be a great story but he lost his piece, the idiot