Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

one of many.......

Article about: Hi My respect,s to you and all your friends for the job you do, it is one of the most honorable things you and others can do for the soldiers that died there. As you say some one must do it,

Default Re: one of many.......

Hi
    My respect,s to you and all your friends for the job you do, it is one of the most honorable things you and others can do for the soldiers that died there. As you say some one must do it,
    so thanks you. You have fine looking sons, and i hope they grow and follow your ways.
    Dave.

thankyou boys. It's always good to see others who don',t say-EEE...IT,S NOT SKIN OF MY ASS. I've been seeing many times about what happens to German soldiers graves in Russia, also Latvian legioner graves are fuly robbed there (mostly all of them). Those f...,in robbers take part in few forums and feel proud to show each other what the f.. they got from theese graves- dog tags, rings etc etc. I newer understand how they can sleep by night, because my thoughts is-:we are not alone in this world.

Thanks again for support. To be continued...

Fantasic work Ostlanddigger, i would say you have won the respect of many who visit this forum , i being one of them , to take the time to find and rebury these fallen soldiers is a great thing to do , giveing them the respect they deserve and giveing some closeure to some familys who have wondered all these years what happened to there loved ones , truly awesome , cheers Raymond

I totally agree with you ironcross1
    Fantastic work ostlanddigger

tpgoulet
    ?

Great work, it is nice to see people stil care about the war dead and as you mentioned it does not matter whose side they were on.

Keep up the good work!

Tim

?

Ostland digger , well done mate i know that many families in Germany respect and benefit from the time and effort you and the others spend in finding their MIA / KIA loved ones from 65 years ago.

i know that many similar guys work like you do in Estonia and Russia / Ukraine but there are others who do it for their own profits.

Keep up the good work
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    thankyou boys. It's always good to see others who don',t say-EEE...IT,S NOT SKIN OF MY ASS. I've been seeing many times about what happens to German soldiers graves in Russia, also Latvian legioner graves are fuly robbed there (mostly all of them). Those f...,in robbers take part in few forums and feel proud to show each other what the f.. they got from theese graves- dog tags, rings etc etc. I newer understand how they can sleep by night, because my thoughts is-:we are not alone in this world.

Thanks again for support. To be continued...
    ostlanddigger well done on you and your freinds work what happens with the ring and insignia found? i do hope these items are buried again with the dead! i do not agree with these grave robbers or collectors who collect ground dug items its so sad thanks!!

to Ewan-all personal relics we found with soldiers are buried again with him.rings an other realy personal pieces are sended back to families if they are found.if can not finde eny relatives,then buried with soldier.thanks boys for support.

Interesting ring. It looks as if it were made from a old nut that goes on a bolt. Any idea of the meaning to the insciption?

?

" Leningrad 1943 " !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast