Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pacific Theather finds

Article about: Hey Fellas, Crews found a few more Imperial Japanese Soldiers the other day, this is a pretty rare occurance nowadays. Battle of Okinawa remains found during construction Date Posted: 2009-0

Default Pacific Theather finds

Hey Fellas,
    Crews found a few more Imperial Japanese Soldiers the other day, this is a pretty rare occurance nowadays.

Battle of Okinawa remains found during construction Date Posted: 2009-09-24> The bodies of three men who fought in the World War II Battle of > > Okinawa have been uncovered by construction crews working in UrasoeCity Battle of Okinawa remains found during construction - JapanUpdate.com - Okinawa News, Classifieds, Events, Culture, Forums, and more!JapanUpdate.com Okinawa News Classifieds

Semper Fi,
    Bob
    Home
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pacific Theather finds   Pacific Theather finds  

Default Re: Pacific Theather finds

tokashikibob, that's great news. I am sure they will get a decent burial. The relics is also a great find!! I would love to have those in my collection.

rgds, Ty

Very great relic's you got there, and thanks for the informations about the 3 bodies found, scarry but that is war.

nice finds . love that BAR

Very nice finds indeed !!! Thanks for sharing.

DarkEagle

Am I missing something in those pictures ? BAR ? Did you mean that as in the American weapon, or an actual bar ? The relic weapon looks like a type 96 light machine gun but I could be wrong !

I can't see what you're referring to

Steve T

obviously,impossible to see here a BAR;rather a 96 type
    here's a link on Okinawa you may not know.Bye
    LIFE - Google Livres

srry was qonfused..

greets DE

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    obviously,impossible to see here a BAR;rather a 96 type
    here's a link on Okinawa you may not know.Bye
    LIFE - Google Livres
    Cool Link! Thanks for the tip, can't decide if I like the Pin-up girls or the combat photos best..... Yep, The Pin-ups are better!

Semper Fi,
    Bob
    Home

This was discovered in a cave located on Bloody Nose Ridge on the Island of Peleliu (Beliliou). This artifact is itself unique as wartime Japanese artifacts are scarce. Most of these artifacts deteriorated rather rapidly due to the damp jungle conditions, more commonly
    known as jungle-rot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pacific Theather finds  

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    This was discovered in a cave located on Bloody Nose Ridge on the Island of Peleliu (Beliliou). This artifact is itself unique as wartime Japanese artifacts are scarce. Most of these artifacts deteriorated rather rapidly due to the damp jungle conditions, more commonly
    known as jungle-rot.
    Hi Richard,
    When did you pick up the items? Your right on track about Jungle rot, also since the Japanese stuff was not manufactured with the best materials they seem to deteriorate much more quickly than U.S. stuff!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pacific Theather finds  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast