Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pacific Theather finds

Article about: Hey Fellas, Crews found a few more Imperial Japanese Soldiers the other day, this is a pretty rare occurance nowadays. Battle of Okinawa remains found during construction Date Posted: 2009-0

Default Re: Pacific Theather finds

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    This was discovered in a cave located on Bloody Nose Ridge on the Island of Peleliu (Beliliou). This artifact is itself unique as wartime Japanese artifacts are scarce. Most of these artifacts deteriorated rather rapidly due to the damp jungle conditions, more commonly
    known as jungle-rot.
    this being the reason Japanese military gas masks are nowhere near as common as their British, Armerican and German counterparts. The one in the picture being one of the rarer versions of which several interesting variations exist, and I'm sure that Bart Wilkus (www.gasmasks.net) has had all of them! lucky guy
    Thanks

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pacific Theather finds  

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    this being the reason Japanese military gas masks are nowhere near as common as their British, Armerican and German counterparts. The one in the picture being one of the rarer versions of which several interesting variations exist, and I'm sure that Bart Wilkus (LMàG © 2007) has had all of them! lucky guy
    Thanks

Danny
    Which model gasmask is this?
    Thanks
    Richard

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    Which model gasmask is this?
    Thanks
    Richard
    Japanese gas masks arent really my area, but I'm sure that these are Navy Type Gas Masks, I'm not sure of the exact model though. However some examples seem to have found their way into infantry units, whilst most are on Japanese ships sank during the war.
    Thanks

Danny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2