Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Part of B17 Gunner's harness

Article about: I found this recently. I think this is part of a B17 gunner's harness. (compare it to the pic I found on the net) Anyone know different?

jrt
    ?

Default Part of B17 Gunner's harness

I found this recently. I think this is part of a B17 gunner's harness. (compare it to the pic I found on the net) Anyone know different?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Part of B17 Gunner's harness   Part of B17 Gunner's harness  

?

Default Re: Part of B17 Gunner's harness

I had one of these safety harness straps a few years ago and recall it had a sort of spring loaded claw / catch that obviously clamped on to some sort of rail where it could slide along to allow more movement - which is what I can see and recognise in the picture - afraid your fitting does not look familiar and doesnt seem to match the photo either IMO - Sorry.

The harness one looks like it only has a single ear where as the part you have has 2 ears.

?

From memory the harness attachment was a split ear / clamp that opened on pushing the spring loaded collar down - I assumed this clipped on to a rail it could slide along.