Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Plenty of finds from a new site on a British Airfield.

Article about: 145 and 146 is definatly somthing to do with the weapons system as the same idea is in use today. The pilot can turn his weapon system to safe or not have all the required safety conditions

Default Re: Plenty of finds from a new site on a British Airfield.

Hi Luckystrike and SteveT

Just had a look at this - item 256 is part of an engine control manufactured by a company called MRC. They were fitted to a variety of aircraft and were used as carb or boost cut outs. They come in a variety of different designs - Luckystrikes is a type I haven't seen before. SteveT - is there any chance you can post a pic of yours please?

?

Hi Guy
    Havent been on the site in ages cos of work commitments etc but 238 is for hanging flags. one goes on the halyard/rope the other identical one is attached to the flag and you link them . i'll try and get a photo to show you what I mean

Perce

?

Hello luckystrike, some great finds you got there, just a small bit of info, pic 61 round black item centre top is the base for cockpit light.[ lancs,halifax etc ] see lanc archive pic [ Ians post ] round black item to right of your box. base fixed to panel with four screws. Pic 222 tecalemit is a company making vehicle servicing equipment founded 1922.[ still in business ] rd.[registry of design]number 704318 means that your item was designed in 1924 but made at a later date probably. hope this helps a little, all the best,willie.

Hello wingco,
    Thank you for the IDs on these two relics and the detail on tecalemit its very much appreciated.
    All the Best.
    LS

P12ACJ
    ?

Hi Lucky Strike, I know this thread is ancient history but had to ask. I'm building a Bomb Aimers panel for a Lancaster and have all the parts. Only bug I have is that the 16 switch selector unit I picked up has the tube with the status for jettison / container / safe salvo missing from my unit and I cannot find one anywhere. I see that you found a couple of these and was wondering if you may be prepared to part with one of them so I could restore my unit? Thanks for your consideration.

Fantastic thread, thanks for sharing and keep digging I do the same in New Zealand and Australia.

Im a bit late to your thread Luckystrike. Nice finds. Its always nice to find bakelite items, being elusive to a metal detecting normally. I admire your dedication. Are you still searching? I dont see any posts lately. Kind regards. Francis.

Hello Lucky Strike. I've found & lost this thread so many times!! Regarding an item on the first page of hashtag 2. The little black acorn shaped item with the Bowden cable attached is a manual release for the Co2 cylinder that would inflate the earlier multi-crew dinghies. It's also used for the same purpose on the buoyancy chambers on the RAF airborne lifeboats (of which I'm currently restoring a MK1a) do you still have the said item ?
    Regards, Nev (Dinghy Cole).

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18