Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prospective Local Site!

Article about: I was recently talking to a local metal detectorist about the US Army Dumping ground and he informed me of two locations where we might indeed find the holy grails of this hobby!! In the she

Default Prospective Local Site!

I was recently talking to a local metal detectorist about the US Army Dumping ground and he informed me of two locations where we might indeed find the holy grails of this hobby!! In the sheep field behind his mums house he went detecting after being given permit by the farmer who is also a friend of mine and found a few badges inc a Royal Marine cap badge and several clips of live .303 rounds and two live .50 cal rounds in very good condition plus other items he has yet to show me. Those items were found relatively close together and the field is pretty large so i am looking to organise a sweep of the entire field inc ditches and hedges etc. Now the important thing here is that the houses the field borders were built for troops coming home after WW2 and some of the finds could be stuff they brought back and threw away maybe, but one wonders what other treasures lie there?? WW2 dated coins inc one or two Roman coins were also found on my friends excursion which is five minutes walk from where i live now with my girlfriend. The second site is close to the Unipart Depot near HM Long Lartin Prison-again that land is owned by the farmer i know and work with so permits would be no problem-now in that field my friend has found rusted .303 rifle parts and other large metal items. I plan to meet up with him just to photograph his finds as they sound just the kind of thing for us guys and i cant wait to see them. The field is located away from the US Army Dump and as its ploughed should be easy going. I will have to check it all out and see what my friend has indeed found and then maybe can organise a two field metal detectoring sweep for any interested members. On another note my recent inactivity on the forum was due to my marriage breakdown and the various complications such things throw your way, but all is well now and ive met someone else and getting on with things as they say, and what better way to get going again than organising a dig and getting some members down for a great day out. I will check out the finds first to confirm whats been found and if it really is as good as my friend says which im sure it must be then i will ask for a show of hands and we can fix a weekend date for a sniff around the two locations and it would be great to get a big group down here and cover as much ground as possible-and who knows what might be found!. Regards to all, Tim Heath.

Default Re: Prospective Local Site!

Sounds like a good site Tim. Can't wait to see the pictures

Steve T

Sounds promising!

Hi Tim, Glad to see your back i'm looking forward to seeing the pictures it sounds like a fun site

John

Quote by Whitehunter View Post
    Hi Tim, Glad to see your back i'm looking forward to seeing the pictures it sounds like a fun site

John
    Will see whats been found by my friend Bernie and if its the gold mine he reckons then will organise a foray there and all will be welcome to join in. Thanks guys. Regards, Tim.

Hi Tim
    Welcome back mate, Im very pleased to see your posting again and to hear your life is settled again. Your site certainly sounds promising, maybe you could post pictures of the finds (if your friend didn't mind) it'd be great to see them.
    All the best.
    LUCKYSTRIKE