Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

a quiet stroll down by the river

Article about: Hi to you all.New member here again!Id just like to mention that i found this spent round on a beach,near the embarkation beach of Trebah,near Falmouth.Its an exceptionally interesting area

Default a quiet stroll down by the river

Hi to you all.New member here again!Id just like to mention that i found this spent round on a beach,near the embarkation beach of Trebah,near Falmouth.Its an exceptionally interesting area with remains of old guard buildings,reinforced concrete roads cutting through fields.
    I must add that i wasnt looking for anything i just glanced down,and there it was!
    Has anyone considered looking in these areas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a quiet stroll down by the river  

Default Re: a quiet stroll down by the river

When i was growing up we used to play in the old bunkers that looked over Par harbour,it was great maze of bunkers and tunnels etc..came across the odd spent round but nothing much. I heard a few years back that somebody stumbled upon a huge cache of weapons/ammo etc.. i think they had to get bomb disposal to come in and remove it all. I can just imagine what would of happened if we found it as kids! lol

Hi,
    Nice find, have you found any other items up there, I would be interesting to go and have a look around with the detector,
    I usually go to the airfields and look, i have found a few bits there.
    But am looking for other places to go, you never know what will come up. and falmouth isnt far is it,
    Dave.

Hi,
    Nice find, have you found any other items up there, I would be interesting to go and have a look around with the detector,
    I usually go to the airfields and look, i have found a few bits there.
    But am looking for other places to go, you never know what will come up. and falmouth isnt far is it,
    Dave.

mattcelt
    ?

Hi Cornish boy. Great find. I am an archaeologist with a great interest in this period. i am currently putting together a mock environmental archaeology assesment of the are where you found the round. have you found anything since. also would you happen to know of anywhere that i may gain photographs of the yanks in action tanks jeeps etc at trebah.. cheers matt.

hi matt,
    thanks for your post.ive not been to have a look since,but have considered it since joining the site , its got me a bit hooked i think! as for any pics i do recall reading a book on falmouth during the war years and think there are plenty of pics in there that will certainly interest you.(ill have a hunt for the title)
    keep me posted on your endeavors:-)