Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

RAF Airfield finds

Article about: Oh, and by the way, that aircraft instrument panel you gave me at Chatham, finally got ID'd by PB, and I quote...... ' The 66834 93VM504 LL 6 blanking plate marking indicates Vickers Varsity

Default Re: RAF Airfield finds

Very nice finds

Image 1808 Access panel with single Dzus fastner looks like the ground battery socket cover from a Halifax bomber.

Hangarman

?

Hi Hangarman

That would be nice,I like the Halifax,I have cleaned the panel and found a number,Could that be a Halifax number ?

Gary

Quote by hangarman View Post
    Very nice finds

Image 1808 Access panel with single Dzus fastner looks like the ground battery socket cover from a Halifax bomber.

Hangarman
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Airfield finds   RAF Airfield finds  

?

Thought I would have a morning out before the dreaded snow stops everything,Well im glad I did.
    Bumper harvest of .303s today all in one pile,Some nice lables and a .50cal which caused a bit of concern as when I first found it it looked live,But a bit of investigation revealed that it was emptied at some stage and the projectile placed back.

Will need to spend a few hours now cleaning.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Airfield finds   RAF Airfield finds  

RAF Airfield finds   RAF Airfield finds  

RAF Airfield finds  

?

Nice bits Mossie. The Alphabet plate is interesting, I wonder if it was fitted to a radio somewhere, never seen one on aircraft though. The previous flap with numbers probably isn't Halifax, their part numbers usually start with 57.

Nice finds mossie

Lovely finds Mossie,realy lovely

great stuff

I live just across the road from the former airforce base of Burtonwood. I often go walking around the area to see what I can find. Most of the site has now been turned into a housing estate. But those of us who can remeber it back in the 1980's know where to find stuff.

A large section of Burtonwood Road has now been blocked off and pedestrianised. But just recently I have been making loads of finds of small black bags with a knot tied at the top. Inside appears to be some kind of brown goo that stinks to high heaven. Some kind of sealant putty perhaps?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I live just across the road from the former airforce base of Burtonwood. I often go walking around the area to see what I can find. Most of the site has now been turned into a housing estate. But those of us who can remeber it back in the 1980's know where to find stuff.

A large section of Burtonwood Road has now been blocked of and pedestrianised. But just recently I have been making loads of finds of small black bags with a knot tied at the top. Inside appears to be some kind of brown goo that stinks to high heaven. Some kind of sealant putty perhaps?
    I think dog walkers have been dumping their sh*t bags Steve!...

?

lovely finds mate ! any markings on the spoon ....i love the cutlery!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast