Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichs Chancellery and Fuhrer Bunker - "Spiegel Online" Forbidden Photos: Secret Shots of Hitler's Bunker

Article about: Just had a look through all the links in the opening post, I've seen many of the images before but I never get sick of seeing them. There are some great images there Dan, wouldn't it be fant

Default Reichs Chancellery and Fuhrer Bunker - "Spiegel Online" Forbidden Photos: Secret Shots of Hitler's Bunker

I know there are some folks here like me, who have a strong interest in the Chancellery site and the ruins of the Fuhrer Bunker in Berlin. I found this article and some links online I thought others might enjoy so I went ahead and posted them here. The German Magazine "Spiegel Online" ran this article in June of 2013. I didn't see it when I searched for it, so if I missed it and this is a re-post, sorry about that… but for those interested, it includes photos and the story of an East German Citizen who was able to sneak into the site during the destruction of the Fuhrerbunker and Chancellery ruins during the late 1980s, and a second website with about 67 of his photos of the location. Two videos of the Fuhrerbunker are below from youtube along with some images of the location just post 1945. Anyone with additional photos of this site please post them in this thread, it would be great to see what else is out there.

Spiegel Online article:

Secret Photographs of Hitler Bunker in Berlin by Robert Conrad - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Additional Photos of the site of the Bunker and Chancellery

Bunker Neue Reichskanzlei, Seite 1 » LUMABYTES.com

2 Youtube video of the Berlin Fuhrerbunker before destruction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8ld...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwAciDCJ9vY

Below are she additional images I had from the net from some years back I found on the net… all just post 1945 of this site.

Reichs Chancellery and Fuhrer Bunker - "Spiegel Online" Forbidden Photos: Secret Shots of Hitler's Bunker

Superb photos!......

2 additional photos I forgot to include… these were found online….

Late 1950s or early 1960s photo of the site

1947 photo

Some great photos of the bunker interior...thanks for posting!
    cheers, Glenn

That view in the top photo towards the Tiergarten hasn't really changed, but turn around and look towards Wilhelmstrasse and it's the late DDR era block of flats. I've stood on the site of the bunker many times!..

Berlin is a neat place… I would go over to the Mohrenstrasse U-Bahn station across from the site to see the Reich's Chancellery marble the Soviets used to line the station with….so much history in such a small place…. and the materials still exist in the area from the Chancellery.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    That view in the top photo towards the Tiergarten hasn't really changed, but turn around and look towards Wilhelmstrasse and it's the late DDR era block of flats. I've stood on the site of the bunker many times!..
    Photo from wikipedia

Thanks for posting the photos Dan! I'm just getting ready for work but I'll have a proper look through everything when I get home this arvo. Thanks mate!

Quote by danno81 View Post
    Berlin is a neat place… I would go over to the Mohrenstrasse U-Bahn station across from the site to see the Reich's Chancellery marble the Soviets used to line the station with….so much history in such a small place…. and the materials still exist in the area from the Chancellery.

Photo from wikipedia

I always thought the same about Mohrenstrasse but the marble came from another source, read the overview!....
    Mohrenstraße (Berlin U-Bahn) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?

Interesting pics.

I always thought the same about Mohrenstrasse but the marble came from another source, read the overview!....
    Same goes for the Russian War Memorial in the Tiergarten.

Interesting… I have also seen so much saying it was definitely Chancellery material… after the war, when things were being rebuilt, they used everything that was available… I am still "betting" - or guessing, it just may be… over time during my trips to Berlin - things have changed… placards being put out to let tourists know of even WWII Historical spots, and so forth.. one thing that still is interesting to watch… is the fight over whether to dig up the bunker ruins or keep them buried… this marble thing "may" be part of that fight… who knows… either way, very interesting to see and each time I go back - learn more… between the Cold War, Checkpoint Charlie, the Wall and that era… then WWII and earlier… it is a fabulous place to visit for the history buff…. always something to see…

Mohrenstraße (Berlin U-Bahn) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast