Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reichs Chancellery and Fuhrer Bunker - "Spiegel Online" Forbidden Photos: Secret Shots of Hitler's Bunker

Article about: Just had a look through all the links in the opening post, I've seen many of the images before but I never get sick of seeing them. There are some great images there Dan, wouldn't it be fant

Just had a look through all the links in the opening post, I've seen many of the images before but I never get sick of seeing them. There are some great images there Dan, wouldn't it be fantastic to have explored the bunker ruins? Thanks for posting them all Dan, great stuff mate!

I always enjoy these articles. I hadn't seen this one before from the Speigel Online group… but I am glad they put it out. The first time I was in Berlin in 1990 and went through Check Point Charlie - there was still lots of rubble at this site at the Chancellery. We grabbed some workers and they showed up around… still having the wall up, we were cautious as annoying the east authorities or the existing Russians wasn't a good idea… I have more photos from that time but will have to scan them at some point and will pop them up here or do a thread on this site, Wolfschanze and the Obersalzberg. Those are my 3 favorite areas to dig through. If I can figure out how to get a video posted here, I have one of when we crawled into the basement of the Berghof and those ruins at the Obersalzberg in the early 90s before they blew it up… I can only imagine what it would have been like to get into this site in Berlin…

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Just had a look through all the links in the opening post, I've seen many of the images before but I never get sick of seeing them. There are some great images there Dan, wouldn't it be fantastic to have explored the bunker ruins? Thanks for posting them all Dan, great stuff mate!

?

Note this..........Third Reich in Ruins :-)

b.r. Hacko

Quote by danno81 View Post
    I always enjoy these articles. I hadn't seen this one before from the Speigel Online group… but I am glad they put it out. The first time I was in Berlin in 1990 and went through Check Point Charlie - there was still lots of rubble at this site at the Chancellery. We grabbed some workers and they showed up around… still having the wall up, we were cautious as annoying the east authorities or the existing Russians wasn't a good idea… I have more photos from that time but will have to scan them at some point and will pop them up here or do a thread on this site, Wolfschanze and the Obersalzberg. Those are my 3 favorite areas to dig through. If I can figure out how to get a video posted here, I have one of when we crawled into the basement of the Berghof and those ruins at the Obersalzberg in the early 90s before they blew it up… I can only imagine what it would have been like to get into this site in Berlin…
    I'd love to see any pics you have mate, although I'm specifically interested in the chancellery / fuhrerbunker area I'd love to see any pics you have. The video you sent me of climbing around the ruins of Wolfschanze is fantastic, I think it would go down very well here - unfortunately I wouldn't have a clue how to upload a video though. Thanks for starting the thread mate.

If I get the video thing figured out… I'll post them… the Berghof was wonderful… you crawled through a hole in the wall in the garage and dropped into the underground area which formerly was the basement. In the book, "Voices from the Bunker" (great book by the way…) Traudl Junge speaks of the rooms we wandered through video taping… I recovered brick, tile, and other odds and ends…. Wolfsschanze is simply filled with materials… and is probably the best to explore out of any of the complexes… but the Obersalzberg site is well worth exploring…

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I'd love to see any pics you have mate, although I'm specifically interested in the chancellery / fuhrerbunker area I'd love to see any pics you have. The video you sent me of climbing around the ruins of Wolfschanze is fantastic, I think it would go down very well here - unfortunately I wouldn't have a clue how to upload a video though. Thanks for starting the thread mate.

JMM
    ?

Yeap - great pics. Thanks for this thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2